• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanilla Gorrilla blog

Ok thx pat. Ill just order some i think. Ill see if i can dig up the thread about line you can buy locally at HD.

So awesome...just found out my replacement inner shafts wont arrive till next Tuesday. So im going to put the axle housing in and check everything out and ill have to install the shafts next tuesday in the driveway. At least the damn thing will be lighter to move around. This shaft debacle is really chaffing my ass. Adding alot of unneeded stress right now.

Yeah dude, that's cutting it close.
I just got my spare inner 4340 yesterday. It was back ordered and was originally suppose to show on the 23rd. I was stressing a little.

Your axle shaft situation is stressing me out.

Tell me about it. I threw the housing under the jeep. Front axle is on jack stands, but the springs are supporting the jeep for the first time since december. The axles look so dope. I also picked up the stinkyfab aluminum tierod. It looks awesome.

Last edited:
I cant wait to see the rig gordo

Me too. I really have been thinking about the SFR steering. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Alright so today i got a ton done and got all my plans in place.

Steering is a wrap. Final installed. Had to shorten my synergy tierod 2" to work with the xj. Its a jk tierod.

Front shock mounts are a wrap. Not my finest work but they will do.

I am starting to realize my coils are pretty bowed backward because of centering the coil buckets. I dont have adjustable lowers and ive adjusted the frame mount all the way forward. So it will have to do for this run.

Still need to tackle brake lines fir the rear axle. Ill be getting a dakota rear brake like and building it out from there. Its all 3/16 brake line.

I have a few ebrake cables to work with. Just a simple bracket to make.

I have a few small electrical things to wrap up and run the air lines for the lockers and she is ready to ride. I should be test driving and prepping wednesday.

a2fc76b73d21bce208355efe64b74777.jpg

First time since December.

Moved under its own power. Had to turn it around with no brakes. Pretty easy to do with a stick.

The scrub radius is amazing. I am full width with 4.75" backspacing on 9" wide wheels. The steering wheel turns lock to lock with one finger. Also even at lock tires dont rub by 2 inches even though im the same track width as before. I rubbed the lower control arms before.

I am so happy with the way this is turning out. Really stoked to wheel this thing.

Another plus. Jk hubs dont need a stub shaft.

I think I know what the secret is.... lol

Its 1000 island. Secret sauce is always 1000 island.

So is it done and ready to go?

Nope. Haha.

What a pain in the ass i had last night with ujoints. I buggered one of the shafts and so now it looks like i bought myself a spare chromo in 35spl shaft. So lame. 2 hours pulling and installing ujoints for two shafts. Rough night.

This morning i got the rear brake likes done and ill be installing the front shafts this afternoon along with the ebrake lines and front drive shaft. Then its just checking fluids and some electrical stuff. I think ill be installing airlines in reno. As i have not received my 2day air package i ordered from lowrangeoffroad last friday. It has my arb air lines for the rear axle.

Back