• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanilla Gorrilla blog

Anyone have any opinions on mounting coil buckets centered on the axle tube? I have done some research and im stretched forward a few inches in front.
Any ideas on how far forward the axle can go before issues with steering and tracbar arise?

From what I remember reading you can move roughly 3 inches before some things may become an issue. I moved mine 1.5" forward and all is still ok. I'd say I can move about 1" more before I may have to move the frame side track bar forward. And then I may run into issues with the hydro assist ram.

centered compared to offset towards the front or back ? I say centered over offset to the front , thats for sure.

Factory xj has them forward of the tube by about 2". I am hoping to put them centered on the tube and use the stock jk buckets.

My axle is pushed forward about 2". So i think that would work out ok.

Its the same as the pics above except for its been on jack stand in the driveway since before Christmas. Haha. Ill post a pic of the rear axle with the tires on it tomorrow.

I have a new hatch hood fenders and header panel coming so it will be mostly straight again. This year i want to get some armor on the front and rear fenders. Rebuild the tire carrier. Front bumper swap/build. I just picked up a brand new winch for free. so i have that to put in the boostwerks winch mount/steering brace setup, as soon as he releases it. As well as getting the doubler and d300 finally swapped in.

Lots of stuff planned.

Last edited:
Some pics.
Lame but oh well.

6872e5688e1ee55d34600cab366db156.jpg

21064cfb6930604fd02c55dee62073df.jpg

4aa63c91caa5beecb3d42a889588787c.jpg

So this is a stock width jk axle with 35x12.5x17 mtrks on 17x9" wheels with 5" backspacing. Its just 1/2" per side wider than my previous setup with 2" wheel spacers. In the rear anyways.

Looks really good !

Have a few pieces still on the way for the front. I decided to get a new yoke since the one i have was pretty beat. And i also bought a pinion depth tool. I got this as a bare housing so i wanted to find a good starting point for the gear setup. We will see how it goes. Everything should be in this week and ill start installing the sleeve kit and gussets. Also remounting the new trackbar mount and coil buckets and shock mounts.

184fc260f10a3c63278dfd34bb696f0b.jpg

Welding done almost. Still need to do shock mounts but i need it under the jeep to decide where the need to mount. Sleeves gussets new trackbar mount and i reused the stock coil mounts.

Gears and lock install tonight.

Dude thats looking awesome.
Weld the tubes to the diff.

Just to put into perspective the scale of this upgrade. Dana 30 4.88 left JK44 5.38 right
1e81d97a5f8f827174b8e954001218f5.jpg

b4ad5122402df3323a3b9a3ebe6c851e.jpg

Those are stock shaft to stock shaft. I am installing 35spline chromos and a 35spline ox locker.

Wow that's quite a difference Gordo. Makes me want to upgrade my D30 too.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I haven't heard of welding the tubes to the diff in front applications. I still can do that pretty easily.

My dana 60 front had a previous spin a tube - before I owned it. they welded the side that spun and sort of kinda trussed it too. Its more likely on a 3 link, and not a 4 link, but still....

Super beefy man !

Back