• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truck-lite's new LED headlight for XJ's

I wonder how long before you got pulled over for being suspect of driving a UFO. I don't think johnny law approves of 18,000 lumens in front of a vehicle.

IMG_3390.jpg

drive around with that on all the time, 52 inches of 18,000 lumins.

now it's on my XJ, parked into a snow bank last feb during that huge new England storm.
75ACE34D-FE48-4B65-82D3-E022216F708C-14691-00000AA5BB255080_zps7f27c2f5.jpg

Last edited:
I had ipf headlights with fat boys on my Cherokee which was better then stock but when I saw the Led headlamps in action I wanted them so after some dealing with a few people I got them and I wheeled with them at night, they are good with a group since i don't use my KC's when people are in font of me. I do have rock lights also. My rig is still legal to drive on road. Granted the light output is not has much on my daily driver which has HID ( a jeep Liberty) plus hid fog lights and drove to the North rim of the Grand canyon and Sedona Az and even drove it Florida great going through the dark swamp roads of LO. But found out they are not dot so i could get pulled over. I am an old man who needs more light now so i invest in good lights to see. I got a few of my friends to see the "Light"

I have never heard of anyone getting pulled over for a correctly aimed upgraded halogen headlamp.

He might have been talking about the HID's, but even so if the fatboys are greater than a 60/55W then they are not legal. But doubt most of the fuzz know any different really.

Well, e-code beam pattern isn't technically legal either for anything other than motorcycles (don't understand that, but whatever) but I haven't ever been pulled over for mine. I'm running slightly overwattage bulbs and a relay harness so I'm throwing lots more light down the road than stock sealed beams but on low beam the sharp cutoff actually makes them appear slightly dimmer than stock to oncoming traffic.

Not to get too far off topic...

I really love my Cibie E-Code and 100/90W Narva bulbs w/upgraded wiring. Very nice and bright. I'd LOVE to see how a set of the Truck-lite's compare side by side. I'm sure the power/amperage draw is less w/the Truck-lite's and that's a huge plus in my book.

I'll have to check and see if they offer anything that would be a swap over for the OE fog lights in my '01 XJ. That is something I'd consider assuming price makes sense for me.

3.6 amps for both sides w/ truck lites, ~15 amps for 100W halogen bulbs. Equates to roughly 2 tenths or point two horsepower. Not a decisive factor to me. Light output per dollar spent, though, Truck Lite looks good. Now at the $400 / pair, shipped, mark.

I bought a pair of rigid industries (now they own trucklites) lights on Amazon for $365. Supposedly these are the heated lenses to deal with snow and ice buildup. I can't wait to get them, is anyone else here running them? Apart from the heated feature, I assume they are identical to the trucklites.

I bought a pair of rigid industries (now they own trucklites) lights on Amazon for $365. Supposedly these are the heated lenses to deal with snow and ice buildup. I can't wait to get them, is anyone else here running them? Apart from the heated feature, I assume they are identical to the trucklites.

Let me know how you like them. I live at 7,000 feet where temps can be very cold, so I really would like the heated feature.

Let me know how you like them. I live at 7,000 feet where temps can be very cold, so I really would like the heated feature.

Well I got the lights yesterday. There wasn't a whole lot of feedback available on them but I bought them anyway. The lights themselves are fantastic. I replaced my h4 housings and bulbs for these and I couldn't be happier about that. But, I don't think the heated feature exists. On the 7" round models, the heated feature is visible as a filament wire in the lens. These lenses have no wire like the rounds do. So with that and the fact that they don't list the feature on the box, I'm thinking they aren't heated. hopefully someone who knows for sure can chime in here.

Well I got the lights yesterday. There wasn't a whole lot of feedback available on them but I bought them anyway. The lights themselves are fantastic. I replaced my h4 housings and bulbs for these and I couldn't be happier about that. But, I don't think the heated feature exists. On the 7" round models, the heated feature is visible as a filament wire in the lens. These lenses have no wire like the rounds do. So with that and the fact that they don't list the feature on the box, I'm thinking they aren't heated. hopefully someone who knows for sure can chime in here.

Do you have any pics? Very disappointing if they aren't heated and that's what you paid for.

I hear that. Plus I'm not exactly rolling in dough. They're totally worth it, though. My favorite mod so far. Form and function.

I hear that. Plus I'm not exactly rolling in dough. They're totally worth it, though. My favorite mod so far. Form and function.

I'm in the same boat. I'm nearing 200,000 miles on my Cherokee. But I use it enough to justify upgrading the headlights. I'm in a conundrum, though. My newest vehicle is 9 years old. At some point, I need to think about getting a new Jeep. Either way, I plan to keep all my vehicles. Today's used car market isn't good for resale. It's almost a better deal to keep my old vehicles in order to keep the hard miles off a new vehicle.

Back