• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truck-lite's new LED headlight for XJ's

At least you two are in states where the bodies last forever, I'm in Suburban Chicago, even if mine was still a daily, it would rot to death or get totalled before anything else kills it.

I know I am posting on an old post,going to do it any way. I have been looking at these lamps under the Wagner name, but the price is way over budget. I am not worried about breaking one as much as them not being water proof (sealedbeam).I have replaced quite a few on my xjs because of water getting inside,the only water my xjs see is washing and rain.Brand does not seem to matter, I use Wagner or Sylvania.In fact I have one now with water in it and another that looks dark. Not so bad on a $20.00 bulb but not so good on a $200.00 bulb.Just my openion. Thanks

I installed these recently and love them, for 80$ they are a great buy! I still don't know how, but now I have DRL's.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0162YCZ28/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a pair of those, but I don't like them. Just a bunch of LED's to spit out a bunch of light, but its not aimed properly to keep from blinding oncoming traffic. I am going to be swapping mine out before I drive it at night too much.

Those folks with Truck-Lites. How do you keep the headlight from icing over during snow and sleet during the winter?

I installed these recently and love them, for 80$ they are a great buy! I still don't know how, but now I have DRL's.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0162YCZ28/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These lights are not dot approved and will absolutely spray light in the eyes of oncoming traffic. Soapbox over

Im running the ge blackhawk sport lights and a cheap harness. The lighting pattern and brightness are more than stellar compared to my stock setup with the silvanias. Awefull lights. Plus my entire setup cost me about $70 dollars.

I for sure dont need any more light on the road.

Not 100% I follow your question.
If you are looking at auxillary lights because the stock headlights suck, then yes, I would look at truck-lite type LED conversions as a good option.
The cheaper route is to go with good quality H4 conversions, quality bulbs & a harness relay kit.
I would upgrade headlights before adding auxillary lights simply because you are allowed to run good headlights on the street but if you turn on auxillary lights, the cops don't appreciate it.

I just bought a pair of Truk Lites for 325.00 They are totally awesome for a plug & play headlight that kicks ass.

Asking those who use them for several years now: does the plastic lense show signs of dullness, scratches, dents or are there any other signs of fatigue of the pastic?

Thanks!

Markus

Back