• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar Advise

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
The JCR has no brackets avail for the Disco's they said on the over knuckle you have to remove them.Mike at JCR says the under is the same just less clearence.
But the question is do I need the over with my amount of lift and if so what do I do for Disco brackets?

JKS sells Extended Swaybar Mounts

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...0_915&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=FABParts

You can also drop your swaybar down with some Swaybar drop brackets.
RE sells them, but there are easy to make your self.

C85D4x4 said:

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=FAB_910_915&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=FABParts

RE sells them, but there are easy to make your self.[/quote

If you want your rig to handle good with tight steering the last thing you want to do is to drop the sway bar down from the unibody. Although this may help correct angles and alignment of discos this will add slop in steering. I done that with mine trying to cheap out on that and save money and ended up removing it less than a month later and bought some good discos.

Chad29860 said:
C85D4x4 said:

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=FAB_910_915&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=FABParts

RE sells them, but there are easy to make your self.[/quote

If you want your rig to handle good with tight steering the last thing you want to do is to drop the sway bar down from the unibody. Although this may help correct angles and alignment of discos this will add slop in steering. I done that with mine trying to cheap out on that and save money and ended up removing it less than a month later and bought some good discos.

yeah i have no intension lowering my swaybar mounts.Its just the lower disco mounts have to be removed for the over the knuckle 1 ton steering setup and i wanted some disco brackets so i could replace them and they would work with the 1 ton steering.

You've been here since november and you haven't learned that you're steering is WAAAAYY scary and unsafe!!?!?!?

On a positive note why not take those spacers out and do your steering from there; you're only running 35s there is no reason to be at 8+ inches.

Good luck SOUTHTEXASXJ, the JCR/JKS setup should work great and give ya a lot of good service!!

lancey3 said:
You've been here since november and you haven't learned that you're steering is WAAAAYY scary and unsafe!!?!?!?

On a positive note why not take those spacers out and do your steering from there; you're only running 35s there is no reason to be at 8+ inches.

wow I thought I said any constructive ideas I guess you can read just make negitive post.
Hey but thanks for the useless advise!!
PS: I am not driving it around like that I ride my Harley with the gas prices!!!If I thought it was safe why would I be asking for advise?

Like stated above I would get the JKS 2 inch rise swaybar mounts for about $50 for both plus shipping. http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...0_925&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=FABParts Then get the JKS over the axle trackbar mount for $53 plus shipping. http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...0_925&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=FABParts Then as far a getting a track bar you can order a custom one after some measurements then you can get johnny joints, quality heims, rubber bushings, whatever else you could want. Then get a straight bar with some tube inserts and have someone locally weld them up, viola you have a trackbar. My guess when you are said and done it will be around $150-200. And last but not least OTK 1-ton steering like JCR or TNT. Like I said before not cheap but it's the cost of being big

ColoradoRaptor said:
JCR is a little cheaper and the equipment is the same!!! :doh:

The TNT setup includes an OTA trackbar mount, and new swaybar brackets.

I do notice it's an RE trackbar and Mount in the picture of their steering. So I'd guess the price is about on par with the JCR setup since you get the extra bracketry.

yeah the TNT kit is complete with OTA and brackets I have email them for a total with shipping to see how it compairs to ordering the JCR and extras.
Thanks ALL!!!!

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
Did u have to bend it?

:wierd:

No, bends are not necessary, Only if you have clearance issues. You probably will not have any clearance problems if you go over the axle

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
also what did everyone do for the steering atabilizer

Throw it out, its not needed if your steering is set up properly. Its good for the stock Y type steering that your replacing.

Last edited:
C85D4x4 said:
:wierd:

No, bends are not necessary, Only if you have clearance issues. You probably will not have any clearance problems if you go over the axle

Throw it out, its not needed if your steering is set up properly. Its good for the stock Y type steering that your replacing.
sweet thanks for the info all ya'll guys have been very helpfull with this issue.
I am going to go JKS for the tracbar/OTA bracket/Sway brackets and JCR 1 ton OTA setup!!
Now I need one of you awesome welders to come down to weld it all up for me !!!LOL
Havent decided if I am going to attempt welding it myself yet!!

Back