• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar Advise

raw

here are the pics
trac1.jpg

trac.jpg

trac2.jpg

From the looks of it its gonna take alot of $$$$$$ to get the front end squared away. I'll start withe the disco's, how much thread is left on those things? And as for the steering and track-bar situation my advice would be a 1-ton OTK with the JKS over axle track bar mount. It's not cheap but any off the shelf steering upgrade will not work well with that amount of lift and you need better steering. The trackbar you can make ith good components and if you can't weld bring it somewhere and they will do it pretty cheap. That trackbar looks a little scary to me

I have about 5.5 inches of lift

I have beat this thing to death and it's not breaking

I jump my rig all the time and it takes it like nothing

I would not buy any other trac bar then the TNT

And yes it came raw

But I prepped it good with some primer and the paint has not chipped off

krelja said:
From the looks of it its gonna take alot of $$$$$$ to get the front end squared away. I'll start withe the disco's, how much thread is left on those things? And as for the steering and track-bar situation my advice would be a 1-ton OTK with the JKS over axle track bar mount. It's not cheap but any off the shelf steering upgrade will not work well with that amount of lift and you need better steering. The trackbar you can make ith good components and if you can't weld bring it somewhere and they will do it pretty cheap. That trackbar looks a little scary to me

wow its that bad?

You really cant go wrong with either TNT or RE for trackbars. TNT will make a custom length one for you, if you decide you need an Over Axle bracket.

I'd do what krelja suggests - address your steering. JCR is a good one and JKS makes a nice Over Axle bracket - TNT makes one too, it is/can be incorporated with their D30 truss. I really like that setup, looks super clean and strong.

JNickel101 said:
You really cant go wrong with either TNT or RE for trackbars. TNT will make a custom length one for you, if you decide you need an Over Axle bracket.

I'd do what krelja suggests - address your steering. JCR is a good one and JKS makes a nice Over Axle bracket - TNT makes one too, it is/can be incorporated with their D30 truss. I really like that setup, looks super clean and strong.

Thanks I will call TNT!!

Check out JCR's prices for the one ton steering.

What size tire and which flares are you running?(if any) I had mine at 8.5" of lift and it sucked. Now it sit's at 6.5-7" and I'm planning on cutting my coils down a little more to more closely match the rear at 5.75" lift. That's with 35's and BW flares. I love how it feels now. The steering will be easier with less lift.

Just a suggestion. It's your Jeep. Do what you like. I wish some of the info on NAXJA was here 2.5 years ago. It would have saved me some time and money.

A few years back, I put on a cross over steering setup (put together by Tim Flowers.) And after getting up to 6" of lift, the JKS adjustable trackbar I had was limiting flex as well as really being at the upper end of it's length.

I ended up with an over the axle trackbar bracket, and a build-yer-own trackbar kit, acquired through Kevin's Offroad (outstanding service, BTW.) The trackbar kit uses a spherical joint, with a horizontal axle, so it won't limit flex at all.

I still have some bumpsteer, and that's because the trackbar is so much shorter than the draglink. Yes, they're parallel before anybody says anything.

XJSpencer said:
Check out JCR's prices for the one ton steering.

What size tire and which flares are you running?(if any) I had mine at 8.5" of lift and it sucked. Now it sit's at 6.5-7" and I'm planning on cutting my coils down a little more to more closely match the rear at 5.75" lift. That's with 35's and BW flares. I love how it feels now. The steering will be easier with less lift.

Just a suggestion. It's your Jeep. Do what you like. I wish some of the info on NAXJA was here 2.5 years ago. It would have saved me some time and money.

yeah i have about 8.5 lift i will check jcr

Mosephus said:
This is an expensive opinion, but I would recommend WJ or the Tera Knuckle (or thier Full steering kit) with an over axle trackbar bracket. That will solve many of your problems and it will handle MUCH much better.

Save your money!!! If you want this option go 44 or 60. The JCR OTK is plenty stout for most of us! A good friend of mine just dropped 1200 on a complete WJ setup, he replaced everything and custom built his steering!

ColoradoRaptor said:
JCR is a little cheaper and the equipment is the same!!! :doh:
The JCR has no brackets avail for the Disco's they said on the over knuckle you have to remove them.Mike at JCR says the under is the same just less clearence.
But the question is do I need the over with my amount of lift and if so what do I do for Disco brackets?

Back