• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throw=throw, not through

MogifiedXJ said:
NO...

Critiquing his spelling was an attack for no reason.

I'm a nuclear engineer for the tva, not a welder. However, I was a welder - fabricator at my fathers company for many years before hand. And I do know how to read and write...quite well actually. I would be willing to bet that I have written more theses and dissertations than you ever have or will while I'm at it too.
I rest my case. :dunno:

I do have to ask, was your "theses" ever graded?

Do you have a dugrea?

TRNDRVR said:
I rest my case. :dunno:

I do have to ask, was your "theses" ever graded?

Do you have a dugrea?

You just won't give up will you???

I guess it's time for a little schooling lesson. "Theses" is plural, meaning I have written more than one. Dumbass

While I'm at it...What the fuck is a dugrea??? If you meant degree, then yes I do. As a matter of fact I have more than one...

MogifiedXJ said:
You just won't give up will you???

I guess it's time for a little schooling lesson. "Theses" is plural, meaning I have written more than one. Dumbass

While I'm at it...What the fuck is a dugrea??? If you meant degree, then yes I do. As a matter of fact I have more than one...
Yeah? But how do you pronounce "Nuk-Lear"? :D

-----Matt-----

5-90 said:
(1)Thesis + (1)thesis = (2)theses.

"No degree, good anyway." Actually, I'm working on a few at the moment...

5-90
Really? I don't have a dictionary handy here in my hotel room to refer to, so I admit my ignorance. Actually they probably don't even have one here in Rock Springs, WY. I already know they don't have any Dentist here. :puke:

My biggest problem, with this butchering of the English language, is the fact misspelled words are like speedbumps, to a fast reader.
I understand that many people aren't concerned with proper English, in all it's forms, but when the really simple things get overlooked, it drives me crazy.
For Webster's sake, people, my ten year old daughter started reading Harry Potter books when she was six and she now has the spelling and grammar of an English major.
All I ask for is a little more attention to detail, or perhaps a spell checker.

OT said:
My biggest problem, with this butchering of the English language, is the fact misspelled words are like speedbumps, to a fast reader.
Thank you!!!

When I read the original post that started all this, "throughing" threw (or is that through...?) me for a loop, and I had to read it a couple of time to figure out exactly the meaning.

-----Matt-----

P.S. Harry Potter rocks!

IXNAYXJ said:
P.S. Harry Potter rocks!
rubyel2.jpg

IXNAYXJ said:
Thank you!!!

When I read the original post that started all this, "throughing" threw (or is that through...?) me for a loop, and I had to read it a couple of time to figure out exactly the meaning.

-----Matt-----

P.S. Harry Potter rocks!
And my point was this is a 4x4 forum...not an english forum. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which usage he meant when he was talking about people "throughing" rocks off of a cliff...

MogifiedXJ said:
And my point was this is a 4x4 forum...not an english forum. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which usage he meant when he was talking about people "throughing" rocks off of a cliff...
But, could he have meant the rock went through the soft top, or that someone threw a rock from above?
That's what some of us have to pause, to figure out.
For a speed reader, that's a potwhole.

Back