• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things that I LOVE about stock XJ's

- It just does everything that I want except haul all of our 8 kids!
- I use it to haul my 5 x 10 contractor trailer every day. It is like the "little engine that could" that we all read about when we were kids
- pretty much trouble free
- Affordable
- It is the only vehicle that I have owned that lives up to the U in SUV
- as far as I am concerned...It is the Alpha and Omega of the class.

Keep the Durty side down!

Dan1990XJ said:
What do i love about the XJ? One simple thing.... Its a JEEP!
lastara
Quarterwave said:
I get to tell people that I drive a Jeep - not some other make of SUV that people classify as a "Jeep" just b/c it has 4WD.
lastara
Pflumingo said:
I love that I can sit at the top of a sand hill and laugh at my friends in "Big Trucks" getting stuck on the way up.
lastara
bigpimpinben said:
-room to screw in the back if you put down the back seat, also works as a tent
lastara lastara
StuckXJ said:
and I thought to myself well its a jeep, the toughest 4 letter word on the road!
lastara lastara lastara
Jeepin_Rebel said:
quicker than a speeding honda
lastara
bshaw said:
Last but not least, it's made by Jeep. You know,...... "it's a Jeep thing" and you ALL understand LOL!!!!!!
lastara lastara lastara lastara lastara
nihil said:
My gf loves it and my best bud is jealous
lastara
Nebraska77 said:
The entire post
lastara
AJ-MJ said:
the seats fit my but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lastara
mhead said:
It smells good underneath.
lastara
XJfish said:
Crotch Air
This one was actually non- lastara
dothedew24_7 said:
Any post from there till now.
lastara :passgas:

I voted :05of5:

Z22_Z33 said:
the jeep must be able to fix itself. Odd sounds I've heard seem to go away, before I can check them out.
O-yeah, I've had a ton of little things come up and end up going away mysteriously- maybe jeep has some top secret nano-technology that fixes their vehicles:)

Yeah, I'm resurrecting a dead post. Deal.

- On-road handling.
- Low-end torque.
- The straight-six. Damn good engine.
- 'How'd you get that thing here?' 'Easily.'
- Sleeping in the back of it.
- Dragging full-sized trucks off of sand berms.
- Figuring out how to conceal the next electronic toy.
- Its stock off-road abilities and further modified potential.
- Live axle up front.
- Takes up less roadspace than my car.
- Gets me places I would never have gone before.
- Scares the hell out of [insert SUV here] drivers on trails when I blow past them in 2WD.
- It's a Jeep. Everyone else - no matter how well they've done it - is an imitator.

This past Saturday, I went to GM's AutoShow in Motion thing and drove many trucks and SUVs. Basically everything that GM had there was disappointing to me because:
* my XJ has good visibility all around (very small blind spots)
* the seat position/ride height is superior
* excellent ground clearance (stock)
* I can open my XJ's hatch inside my garage without hitting anything, impossible with the GM products.

GM had competitor vehicles there too, I came away with liking the Liberty the better than any GM product.

later,
Ronnie
'99 XJ 2door

Let's see here:

- Camping made easy (fold down the rear seat and you have a bed)
- Gas Mileage (compared to my V8 Mustang)
- Going "Jeepin" in my Jeep
- Could it get any easier to fix?
- Is this thing ever going to die (I'm at 235,000 miles)?
- People going "I don't think your going to make it......okay nevermind"
- The all wheel drive in the rain (it makes for a great race against ANY car)

I could go on and on. I have an 85 Ford Bronco II that I was going to fix up and make my off roading toy, but when I found a Cherokee for an awesome price that was completely stock and clean as hell....I had to have it. Best decision I have made, I drive it more then I drive my Mustang!!

BTW The girlfriend doesn't want anything to do with it and doesn't want to be seen in it!! She doesn't like the muddy, lifted, and loudness of the Jeep. Oh well that's her problem!!

BRING BACK THE XJ!!!....4.0L I-6 feels like it will run forever...120k on mine and feels like it just got broken in last year. Even w/ the 3" lift, handles better than my bro's big heavy pick up truck, awesome torque, as my sis said when i took her wheeling one day "awesome!! this thing can go anywhere!!!" Lets all start a letter to chrysler or something to get them to bring back the xj.

Well, compared to my last vehicle (A Dodge Neon) I absolutely love it! There's nothing else I'd rather own. I've wanted one ever since my parents had ther 1984 2dr Chief. It's too bad ChryCo stopped making them because this is the last vehicle I'd own! Big Red is very comfortable, very powerful, looks great (even after I put on Gamblers and billet grille inserts :) ) and there's nowhere I can't go with her, even considering the fact that she's pretty much stock.

Yeah, my gf doesn't like my XJ either, but she was raised a Chevy girl, so what does she know?? :laugh3:

P.S. Is it really true that some of you XJers out there have whupped on full size pickups? Is that with or without any engine mods?

First of all...and most important to me...is the fact that it looks just as good dirty as it does when its clean. the fact that you can fold the back seat down and inbetween the seat and the center makes a GREAT cup holder. knowing that no matter what happens with my xj, my dad has fixed on his. which equals NO labor costs. it also helps knowing someone who owns a shop. realizing that you wasted all those years trying to find a small fast car that girls like was just a waste of time, because every girl out there doesnt have a problem with an xj....

I love pulling up in my 98 next to a tricked out rice rocket. Give it a few revs, a nod of the head, and I smoke the bejesus out of him.
Poor guy never knew what hit him.

It's A Jeep
It Does What I Tell It To And Don't Ask Why, Or Maybe I Will(unlike My Kids)
278k Miles On Just Oil Changes And Tune Ups
Aw4 (need I Say More)
Looks Better Than An Escalade
Brown Paper Bag Wrapper With A Crazed Pit Bull Inside
Dependability
Great Looks
Never Left Me Walking (even When The Whole Brake/abs Went Out(brake Booster Now Baby))
Easy To Adapt Parts From All Years / Xj To Mj And Mj To Xj
Its Loud And Noisey Scares The Nieborhood Kids
Toledo Iron
I Understand What It Wants
It Understands What I Want
Its A Jeep

I've given a few full sizes hell. My sister will, from time to time, just smoke somebody with hers. There was one time about 2 years ago Dad pulled away from a from a stop light and ran doorhandles to doorhandles with an E430 up to about 60mph. All with me riding shot gun, and a few hundered pounds of work related hardware in the back of his truck. This was with well over 200K on the clock too! Let's just say the Benz drier wasn't too happy, hope he didn't sprain his ankle trying to out accelerate us :viking:

Things I love about my 2000 XJ:

1). Smoking rice rockets off a streetlight
2). Dropping the rear seat to sleep at work(and sometimes not at work :loveu: )
3). Clean, smooth lines that aren't over done
4). The cup holders are awesome(I've yet to find a cup that doesn't fit perfectly)
5). Real gauges not just idiot lights
6). It says JEEP in big letters on front.
7). Chicks dig the XJ(at least all the ones I know)
8). If I didin't have the XJ I never would have been able to find this msg board and use a :spam: emoticon

Long live the XJ :party:

Last edited:
Back