• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things that I LOVE about stock XJ's

It’s an American made Jeep!
I spend a lot of time in bad places defending our freedom. We can at least buy what we build.
Strong engine.
light uni-body.
light high clearance axles.
Solid front axle no auto locking hubs.
I love towing top of the line, extended cab, offroad package Chevy’s and Fords out of holes when their 4wd doesn’t engage soon enough or their bumpers get them caught on something.
Rugged looking, everyone knows it’s a Cherokee and not some other SUV.
115k on my drive train and no end in sight.
Submerges with no after problems. I’ve sank it in mud and water up past the center console repeatedly with only ruined carpet and a blown fuse to worry about.
I sit high off the floor for leg room, and have more head room then required.

My wife loves it, she picked it out.

I can trailer my '68 Mustang (trailer & car about 3800lbs) and the Jeep doesn't bog down one bit.

It's 9 old years and it has NEVER had a problem.

a-mechanic said:
tearing my unit-body at the door hinges
you looked a little cold last year a Beasley knob, bubble boy.

I like wheeling with the big boys in the mommymobile (power windows, locks, A/C. tilt, cruise, and tinted windows)

What I loved about my stock XJ?

The smooth on and off road ride compared to many other simular vehicles
very capable stock off road performance
most off road bang for the buck in it's class
The relative ease and simplicity in wich it accepted a 3 1/2 inch lift and other mods
I've always felt it had the perfect lines, balanced design, a stable wider than tall looking stance yet with decent clearance, and one that only looks better with mods, some other vehicles don't wear them as well. aaahhhchtooo! excuse me!
4.0 HO
AW4
AC, power windows and locks
came with 2 doors for several years
reminds me I saw a stock one with a for sale sign on it just the other day exactly the same color as mine but 2 door , looked clean, if only I had a place for it and some extra funds....
came with a pickup fraternal twin for several years
came out before SUV was a household name
[Simpsons comic store guy voice on]best multi purpose vehicle ever[/voice off]
Yup, it was great stock!

JC said:
Rear windows that roll all the down.
- cant belive we left that one out, good point. I hate sitting in the back of a different suv and you cant put your arm out the window because it only rolls halfway down.

what i like is, all of you jeep owners who come to the dealer and help me buy my house, the 18 by 40 foot pool in the back yard and the lincoln in the garage. thanks again all of you loyal jeep owners.

jneary said:
what i like is, all of you jeep owners who come to the dealer and help me buy my house, the 18 by 40 foot pool in the back yard and the lincoln in the garage. thanks again all of you loyal jeep owners.

When you need to fix that air ride suspension in your lincoln we'll own you ! :roflmao:

Glad jeep wasen't THAT stupid.

I've owned alot of cars and 1 pickup truck and never have I felt as completely satisfied as I do with my cherokee. I've always bought a vehicle and felt good about it but there was always something I was left wanting. Nothing was everything to me like my Jeep. I liked my S-10 4x4 but I couldn't wheel it hard for fear of breakage and it wasn't mod-friendly at all. With my Cherokee I feel totally happy. I never sit there and wish I'd bought something else. I never feel I'm lacking a feature because they're all there. It's the kind of vehicle owners of other trucks (especially guys who 'wheel) wish they had. I have one and I'm not gonna let it go. And if for some reason it has to I hope I can find another one in good condition to replace it. It's the kind of vehicle we'll miss when they're all on their last legs because they aren't made anymore and nothing else will ever come close again. The future is looking somewhat grim in that regard. :bawl:

the fact that its mine and no one else drives it but me:)
how easy it is to swap a new stereo and components in
power and braking:)
the 4.0 ltr engine
the fact its really capable even in stock mode (will have pics sooner or later)
the simple, classy body lines that arent overdone and copied by every other major manufacturer on the market:)
the fact it helped me meet some of the greatest people i know:)

jneary said:
i still own an 89 cherokee laredo. its just older and i was due for something new

Thats cool. I know the LS is a NICE ride. I own a 03 Caravan. :shhh: 3 kids. Wife wouldn't let me get a cargo van with the MOTHER - IN - LAW cage in the back though...

6 more post to go till we beat out the " things that annoy me about stock xj's" post- considering this ones a week younger than the other one, id say were doing pretty good-
- how about the fact that thres millions of them so if you need a part, its not going to be hard to find one
- police use em- that stands for somthing
- fold down rear seat, chuch some sleeping bags in and your set

I could afford one even though I'm in the middle of a divorce. Me and my Boy chuck the bikes, rc car, model sailboat, and skateboards in the back and are gone all day! 'Nuff room for my buddy and her nephew to go fishing. As I type there's an 8' Sabaot sailboat on the roof rack with all but the mast in the back. Guess who's going sailing tomorrow?

Good wheelin' to all... :party:
Cherokid

What do I like?

It's a box, but it's a very functional, yet stylish box.

The little foam pad under the ignition to keep your keys from making noise against the steering colunm.

Select Trac tranfer case.

Very tight turning radius.

Any XJ is a organ donor.

--Matt

-I fallowed a mid sized blazer on 35's, there was no wear that he could go that I couldn't (my rockers might say differently)

-it wont die

-just under 200,000k and it purs

-my friend rolled his @ 40 mph and it still gets him around just fine. his only wound was a sratch, after he got out the pasenger window)

-girls like it better than my 2002 chevy silverado

-room to screw in the back if you put down the back seat, also works as a tent

-they are so easy to work on!!!!

-it can go anywhere

Back