• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Reverse of a Common Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steering stabilizers are essentially a shock absorber for your steering system. They are highly recommended for all vehicles with over-sized tires, a winch or snow plow to increase control and handling. Stabilizers dampen out wheel shimmy and help prevent the steering wheel from being jerked out of your hands in rough terrain or when a road hazard is struck by the front wheels. A steering stabilizer is a proven safety device in the event of a blow out. Steering stabilizers are engineered to restrain "bump steer" and front end vibration, giving added life to tires, ball joints and other steering components. A lot of vehicles now come from the factory with a steering stabilizer. After market stabilizers are far superior in performance being specifically designed to handle off-road conditions with lifted vehicles.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/W_stabilizers.htm

If u dont like me,, simply skip over the threads and posts that i put up!! If u have some solution to help out,, then its a good thing,, BUT,, get Larms & drop br.!!

When i say,, i cant afford them,, why on gods green earth do u guys keep tellin me somethin i know!!

This was also sent to admin.

Well, all is not lost with this thread... it did prompt me to figure out why I am getting so much tire wander. I learned how caster impacts tire wander. I checked my caster, and it needs adjusting.

I will be making some shims this week.

I also learned I should remove my drop brackets cause they're not for rock crawling...

The staibilizer arguments have been done to death. I don't even know why I'm participating... I do know that I run the same steering, OTK on ~7" lift and 35s and the jeep handles perfectly. It's even fun on the street. No stabilizer. I drove it around stock without a stabilizer too. Never had an issue. All they do is take a little bit of vibes out of the steering wheel, at least in my experience.

I DID have a problem with the steering which was related to the TRE spacer. It was scary to drive because the steering felt very loose. The spacer fixed this.

A combo of stock control arms on that much lift, messed up castor, and more than likely loose steering would be my guess as to your problem. I run long arms but there is absolutely nothing wrong with drop brackets. IMO they perform just as well as long arms and will take a beating depending on who you go with...

Last edited:
THANK YOU,, U ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND!! LOL!!

Let me ask this,, why would the other grouches say, no to the stablizer, when everything u just posted is an answer im looking for!!! I dont want to ignore people, but this is the info ive been askin for

Besides, S.S. are cheap & all i need is a bracket kit. Let me show u what im lookin at,, http://www.teraflex.biz/products/steering-stabilizer.html

There 6 bucks over a rancho or skyjacker!!

Steering stabilizers are essentially a shock absorber for your steering system. They are highly recommended for all vehicles with over-sized tires, a winch or snow plow to increase control and handling. Stabilizers dampen out wheel shimmy and help prevent the steering wheel from being jerked out of your hands in rough terrain or when a road hazard is struck by the front wheels. A steering stabilizer is a proven safety device in the event of a blow out. Steering stabilizers are engineered to restrain "bump steer" and front end vibration, giving added life to tires, ball joints and other steering components. A lot of vehicles now come from the factory with a steering stabilizer. After market stabilizers are far superior in performance being specifically designed to handle off-road conditions with lifted vehicles.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/W_stabilizers.htm

Last edited:
I wasn't going to waste my time and reply again, but....
Im getting an alignment done at a 4x4 shop SOON so u can scratch that off of the list.
How can you scratch a symptom/issue off the list without getting it fixed first?
You show me one buggy with drop bracets on it & i'll give u my "contraption!!
-- ) ALL of u guys need 2 cut the dropbracket issue OUT!!
-- ) Show me a hardcore rig or buggy using them!! ((one that wheels))
(not mine, but a very nice, well built rig)
60/14 bolt setup and 38's
DSC00439.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

When can I come pick "your contraption" up? :gee:

Seriously, (I know I'm wasting keyboard strokes here) listen to everyone. You need to fix things properly. A steering stabilizer, or a pair, or three of them isn't going to fix your issues.

Last edited:
This thread is hilarious. You thank everyone who posts what you want to hear, you flame everyone who says you need something else *which is what you need* in some of the most horrible broken English I have ever seen - a comma and a period are not the same thing!

Screw nominating you, I'd commit voter fraud for you.

LOL, he'll be back, after he installs his bandaid.
The best part is that this is like scraping your elbow and putting the bandaid on your knee! He's not even putting the bandaid on the right problem!

Senior_XJ: the quote taken from a vendor that was posted up on here and you said thank you to was meant to show you that even the manufacturers are saying that a stabilizer is for hard shocks to the wheels, not for wandering.

No where in that paragraph does it say that a stabilizer will help you with wandering issues.

Senior_XJ: the quote taken from a vendor that was posted up on here and you said thank you to was meant to show you that even the manufacturers are saying that a stabilizer is for hard shocks to the wheels, not for wandering.

No where in that paragraph does it say that a stabilizer will help you with wandering issues.
He obviously can't write, I figured that meant he couldn't read very well either :D

This thread is beautiful. I just can't stop looking at it, it's like a bad accident scene on the side of the highway

Senior_XJ said:
MA is not far from me so please for ur own sake,, CUT THE CRAP OUT & leave me alone!
:roflmao::roflmao:

I'll do you a favor here.

I live at the corner of Institute Road and Lee Street, in Worcester Massachusetts 01602-2121.

Call 774 922 2854 (my cell phone number) when you get here.

Oh, mom won't drive you that far? Tsk tsk...

... seriously though, this is ridiculous. You just committed assault (threatened me) over a fricken' forum thread. I'll be surprised if you aren't banned within an hour.

That's my real address by the way.

EDIT: that's a PM he sent me, with the yellow triangular "caution" icon and the title "!!!!" - if any admins want to verify, feel free to look in my pm inbox. I personally think this is pretty damn hilarious. Probably the 8th time I've been threatened over the internet now...

EDIT2: reported PM, also, I won't be leaving work till 6pm today so don't be surprised if I don't show up till 6:30 or so :kissyou:

Last edited:
Hey, I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I think you should install some drop brackets, it will help your problems.

:roflmao::roflmao:

I'll do you a favor here.

I live at the corner of Institute Road and Lee Street, in Worcester Massachusetts 01602-2121.

Call 774 922 2854 (my cell phone number) when you get here.

Oh, mom won't drive you that far? Tsk tsk...

... seriously though, this is ridiculous. You just committed assault (threatened me) over a fricken' forum thread. I'll be surprised if you aren't banned within an hour.

That's my real address by the way.

EDIT: that's a PM he sent me, with the yellow triangular "caution" icon and the title "!!!!" - if any admins want to verify, feel free to look in my pm inbox. I personally think this is pretty damn hilarious. Probably the 8th time I've been threatened over the internet now...

EDIT2: reported PM, also, I won't be leaving work till 6pm today so don't be surprised if I don't show up till 6:30 or so :kissyou:

I just got the same message as a PM, so I suppose admins can use my inbox for verification purposes as well. You beat me to posting it. I read that and immediately came her to share with everyone.. but you beat me to it :laugh3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back