• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Greens (my build up)

I'd love to see some more shots of the quarter guards you made.

x2
thats one of my up coming projects
Bro I love this build, Im stealing so many ideas from you.... if your cool with that of course :p

i didnt make em, kd in CO chapter did, damn good for a HS kid lol....

but heres a few more shots

3675d329.jpg

e47eb4d3.jpg

you can see my shit job sealing up between the lights and panels....

these dont fit well on here cuz the lights were desinged for a late model, so my 96 hatch didnt fit on it right at all....

everywhere i looked has shown the axle tube on the rubi 44 are the same as the 30. center sections are much stronger but not the axle tubes.

the newer ones have the tube issue. but they are much stronger everywhere else.

its the same amount of work to get a hp44 the same width and trussed as it is to sleeve and/or truss the new rubi 44. and if you can only get a 44 with wedges, it's actually less work.

the newer ones have the tube issue. but they are much stronger everywhere else.

its the same amount of work to get a hp44 the same width and trussed as it is to sleeve and/or truss the new rubi 44. and if you can only get a 44 with wedges, it's actually less work.

with the rubi you have to spend the money to ditch the unit bearings

i didnt make em, kd in CO chapter did, damn good for a HS kid lol....

but heres a few more shots

3675d329.jpg

e47eb4d3.jpg

you can see my shit job sealing up between the lights and panels....

these dont fit well on here cuz the lights were desinged for a late model, so my 96 hatch didnt fit on it right at all....
Is that corner piece welded on, or bent to a 90*?

:rolleyes: Whats wrong? Ok, so the inner C's maybe similar to/or the same as a D30 but the shafts and joints are both bigger then the TJ's. The JK uses 30 spline inners and 32 spline outers and uses a u-joint that is unique to the JK 44 that is bigger in size then the previous 297/760 sized u-joint. Although not outer stuff, but the ring and pinion is bigger as well.

Good luck holding the ball joints together since they share the same part number as a D30.

Ask anyone who wheels hard on 35s on a D30 how long their ball joints last.

havent ever had a problem with mine.....and id love someone to say i dont wheel mine hard... :dunno:

havent ever had a problem with mine.....and id love someone to say i dont wheel mine hard... :dunno:

Sure didn't.

But looks like you've only been wheeling on it since the spring. And that whole time wasn't on 35s, though I don't know the history of your ZJ.

I haven't seen any outright failures of ball joints that weren't caused by axleshafts, but I have seen them wear out fairly quickly. Be it MOOGs or storebrand. Didn't get a chance to run spicers however.

had 4 rigs now on 35's......

never had ball joint issues, unit bearing issues or stock D30 shaft issues....

people break a part and write it off as a shit component, cuz god knows it could NEVER be their shit driving or that maybe they need to add another part to eliminate so much skinny pedal....

everyone wants to cheat. they wanna hop on here and ask what parts to use so they dont have to do the trial and error, problem is, most everyone has different wheeling style and terrain. so the reviews of parts/products is mixed based on laction and style of the individual giving the opinion...

how bout people just try shit and see what does and doesnt work for them? that would be great, that would eliminate the stupid BS question threads and people would be able to get parts that would work best for them!!!!!

maniac, ive seen video of you wheeling, youre a crazy ass!!!
but your style is comepletely different from mine. i think short arms, dual lockers, 33's and armor will get you thro damn near anything if ya know how to drive it...

people need to get off the damn interenet and off their high horses and go wheel, and the people asking all the questions, need to go wheel. half the fun was building it and seeing how it worked. seems like all we do now is criticize every idea that isnt our own or doesnt work for us and our application....

/rant

I agree with most of what you said, but to me ^this is the deciding factor for most parts.

You can't wheel on the east coast without skinny pedal.

Plenty of rocks out here, but they're covered in mud/moss/leaves so good luck crawling over them especially after a rainy day.

yup, i agree with ya on that....but you have to bukld according to what is needed....
where i am at, i can crawl nice and slow and pick a line that i want to take...

hahahahahaha smartass! i saw your name on the bottom and knew you were gonna say that lol...

ya i guess everyone is talkin about wrangler axles that i have no intention of using lol

Back