• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Greens (my build up)

so whats the plans for the build up? i really like the look of the mtr's on the beadlocks. too bad they're illegal to run on the streets here

Beadlocks aren't legal here either, but if a LEO gives you a ticket for em around here I'll pay it for ya. The majority of them don't know what they are/don't recognize them, and those that do don't care cause they're runnin them on their rigs anyway lol.

I thought the way it was worded was something along the lines of;
Beadlocks are not illegal to drive on, but if they fail and are found to be fault of accident you can be penalized for it. But :dunno:
Beadlock tickets are least of my driving worries lol.

There's a bounty on pirate4x4 for anybody that can prove beadlocks are illegal and as far as I know it's never been claimed. Federal law mandates that all wheels used on the road be DOT stamped. That's where the "if they fail you can be penalized" thing comes from.

forgot to ask you when you started this thread, what didn't you like about the KM2's?

Well i say that on a performance aspect. On road they are nice quiet and smooth. They balance well and don't give me much hassle.

BUT....

They wear out incredibly fast. All the flex of the tire was very bouncy it felt like (even at 5psi). Also they don't hold lateral traction very well.

That was the big surprise to me. Looking at the tread for km2 vs mtr, you'd think mtr would slip sideways before km2 does. Wrong. In any situation where I was taking an off camber line, the km2's would simply slide down til the tires rested on something. Upon going back with the kevlars, I took the same line and stuck like glue.

Plus. When I got the kevlars. They measured true to size.

I believe the appropriate comparison to the kevlars is the crawlers, not the km2. ( this is just my experience and opinion based on my rig set up and how/where I wheel, and is not a reflection of how it'll perform for your rig, driving style, or trail conditions. So don't get all defensive over the beloved BFG :D )

Well i say that on a performance aspect. On road they are nice quiet and smooth. They balance well and don't give me much hassle.

BUT....

They wear out incredibly fast. All the flex of the tire was very bouncy it felt like (even at 5psi). Also they don't hold lateral traction very well.

That was the big surprise to me. Looking at the tread for km2 vs mtr, you'd think mtr would slip sideways before km2 does. Wrong. In any situation where I was taking an off camber line, the km2's would simply slide down til the tires rested on something. Upon going back with the kevlars, I took the same line and stuck like glue.

Plus. When I got the kevlars. They measured true to size.

I believe the appropriate comparison to the kevlars is the crawlers, not the km2. ( this is just my experience and opinion based on my rig set up and how/where I wheel, and is not a reflection of how it'll perform for your rig, driving style, or trail conditions. So don't get all defensive over the beloved BFG :D )

POPPYCOCK!

mine have about 20-25k on em and are wearing pretty good.

they are pretty soft. i used to run 2-3 psi in my iroks, and to get these to bulge just as much i run 6-7.

i find them rather sticky as well.

as for beadlocks. i have been pulled over for everything but those. they are the least of my worries

POPPYCOCK!

mine have about 20-25k on em and are wearing pretty good.

they are pretty soft. i used to run 2-3 psi in my iroks, and to get these to bulge just as much i run 6-7.

i find them rather sticky as well.

as for beadlocks. i have been pulled over for everything but those. they are the least of my worries

i love my km2s with around 6psi. lots of bite. so far they are wearing great.

Shhh. This is why I put a little disclaimer in there. They work for you, congrats, I hated them. End of subject.

Back on topic:

Well the bumper is all but wrapped up. Need to run a few more beads and make a holder for the winch hook. But otherwise it's set to go. Winch fits in there exactly how I wanted. Pretty stoked. Went back and redid some old welds as well and welded some spots I hadn't got before.X

Beads runnin on winchplate to tube. Gettin better.X
1567c3d7.jpg

Here you can see how I trimmed the grill to fit around the winch.X
936c3673.jpg

9574f0a5.jpg

And lastly a pic of the whole setup

baab718d.jpg

secksie, what winch is that?

Just a HF8k winch. Brand new, got it on trade for wheelspacers :D so it'll work for now. (retails at about 450 I think) just gettin sold next week anyway.

not bad, im lookin at a smittybilt myself. jeeps looking good though im diggin the bumper :thumbup:

Ya i hear those do pretty decent on the xj's.

And thanks man. Figures get it looking good just in time to strip it down and rebuild it :doh:

What welder setup are you using? What technique? Those are some nice beads!

My friends welder. Uhm. Technique??? Errrrrr. I just make Lil circles back and forth and hope for best lol

Back