• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Greens (my build up)

Good luck holding the ball joints together since they share the same part number as a D30.

Ask anyone who wheels hard on 35s on a D30 how long their ball joints last.

ive been thru 3 lowers and 2 uppers since last summer. this weekend im replacing all 4 to get ready for rausch. they dont hold up with 35s for me.

I like this build. You are pretty much at the point that I want to be at after I get all the parts on that are sitting in the garage. I'll save the axle upgrades for later since I just got 35's and haven't gotten to wheel them yet.

If you want cheap balljoints, Complete Off Road has the spicer ball joints for $38 a pair. Last time I bought a single ball joint at CarQuest it was about that same price and was some random brand.
http://completeoffroad.com/i-123665-ball-joints-dana-30-706944x-yj-tj-xj.html

i think short arms, dual lockers, 33's and armor will get you thro damn near anything if ya know how to drive it...

Agreed. I went lots of places I shouldn't have on 32's and still made it through to everyone's surprise.

You can't wheel on the east coast without skinny pedal.

Plenty of rocks out here, but they're covered in mud/moss/leaves so good luck crawling over them especially after a rainy day.

My above comment has to do with this as well. You really have to power through shit around here. I'll try to crawl something first, but when that doesn't work I'll slowly increase the amount of throttle each time I try it. It's especially bad when people try to tell me to take a bypass or pull cable after only 1-2 tries. When I was down in Harlan, this included hammering it up obstacles to where my spotters were diving out of the way. So far the only casualties were the cracked caps on my axle u-joints, quickly replaced by RCV's.

well here is how she sits for now, awaiting axles wheels tires links cage and some diffent kinda bodywork...sad day
0a91e954.jpg

hahaha ya now its time for a new look, gonna look like a 2door pickup but with a functioning rear door and some other stuff, should be cool i think

It looks to me like you need to buy the back half of the cab off that MJ Yellaheep is parting... :D

the urge to go bigger

Holy shit, she's changed a bit.

Back