• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing KOH pit info

8am at the start line

IMG_3379.jpg

This XJ broke the rear yoke 100' into the race
IMG_3382.jpg

Delayed start due to alternator trouble
IMG_3389.jpg

On the race course at road crossing #1
IMG_3394.jpg

In Hammertown before heading back to the pits and calling it a day
IMG_3419.jpg

......... I'd like to see photos of the shaft when it's taken down.

:eek: .... That quote was taken from the thread in the modified forum.. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.. :looney:

Anywho.. I give Team NAXJA a kudos.. :thumbup:

I'm sure you guys will figure out the weak points of the rig and make them better..

I would love to be a driver in a competition like that.

E

Just got home. What a blast! Mark, the repeater worked great. Even down near 20* F. It was cold. Battery was at full charge this morning when I went to get it.
Cal, Richard, Matt, James, Kris, thanks for letting me play with your toys!

i wonder if the driveshaft wasnt the right length? weird that it broke on such a mild jump.
how did the silver bullet do?

They used the wrong size straps for the ujoimt and it twisted out of the pinion yoke.

Oh, he knew what the straps are..... he's wondering why u-bolts weren't used.

The pinion u-joint/yoke appears to have bottomed out from axle wrap on full compression. The torque load of the tires stuffing on full bump was twisting the pinion up too high, even with the Deaver leaves. After adding shackle drop brackets and adding longer shackles the pinion angle was too high at ride height. We installed 6* shims to bring the pinion down Sat early evening, took it out and ran it for a few miles Sat night, then ran 50 miles of race course on Sun and no more driveline problems. We're not 100% sure what happened, but we didn't break any more shafts after correcting the pinion angle.

Back