• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing KOH pit info

I'll have to swing by and say hi. I'll be there Thursday and Friday.

I'm not worried about the tents, I use good backpacking tents, not cheapo walmart tents. I've seen over 60 mph winds with them, it'll be fine.

My JV tent recipe: Bring XJ full of equipment. Setup tent and fill it with equipment. Wheel/Sleep in empty XJ.
I have a decent tent too, but the sounds of all the tents flap flap flapping all night is enough to wake the dead. Or the sober at least. :confused1

Or the sober at least. :confused1

I never have that problem.

I tent camp probably about 80 nights a year, pretty sure I can handle this, but thanks for the advice. For long trips like this, my recipe is set up two tents, throw all my extra gear in one tent so it's not bouncing around in the jeep all week, and sleep in the other tent. No constant un-packing and re-packing of jeeps or tents required, and everything stays out of public sight and out of the weather.

Last edited:
That Starbucks is good if your in your jeep. If your towing, I'd suggest getting off @ main, turn right coming east. You'll see it between Arby's & Chevron. Easy access - either turn left @ Mariposa (Shell & In n Out), then right @ the alley - runs behind the businesses. Parking in the dirt lot. If you can't make that left, hit the next light & turn left. You can access the alley from that end of the street.

Btw, I live right here in Hesperia. I scheduled vaca this week, have every intention on cruising out Saturday & WILL be there all day Sunday. Boss trying to get me to "change" my vaca. Gonna tell him I'm part of the pit crew. Plus I have to go to Bakersfield to build a fence for my Mom on mon-wed. Will be back on Thursday for the big $$ race. Dunno how he expects me to cancel These plans. Lol.

Anyways, it's more than just a cover - I am MORE than happy to help in any way I can this weekend. I'll PM my info to Goat & Cal.

I'm heading out tomorrow (Thurs) a.m., stopping to pick up Kevin's generator on the way, to power Richard's welder. I'll likely be in the dirt by 11am... hopefully not face down...

I'm crew Sat and Sunday, and if you have an XL Hoodie & it's warm, I'll take it, as my beloved SoCalXJ Chapter hoodie has gone AWOL, in spite of having my name embroidered on it!! I think my dog took it, hid it, and drags it out to sleep on while I'm at work.

I'm heading out tomorrow (Thurs) a.m., stopping to pick up Kevin's generator on the way, to power Richard's welder. I'll likely be in the dirt by 11am... hopefully not face down...

The jeep probably won't there until 1230-1 tomorrow.

Im getting out of here at 0:dark:30. I wanna beat the AM traffic. Hoping to be on the dirt by 09:00.
Ill find the pit and wait as I'll be jeepless this time.

k.

I'm loaded, but I'm going to leave in the morning. I'll be there before noon.

Just got home from Cal's.Jeep is looking good.

Richard save an XL shirt and sweatshirt for me.

I'll be out there Friday night or Saturday morning.

Got it!

Guess you can add me to the list along with the 2 little helpers. Im sure they can hand out water bottles and what not. :)

I'll be out there for the race, then I need to come back for a couple of days for some work related stuff. When I return I'll have the RV and (God willing) the Buggly!

:party:

been busy as hell and finally checking the boards. I'll be leaving for KOH early Sunday morning. Id leave tonight late IF anyone has a place for me to sleep. I will be bringing tools in case of need. Will have 2M (KI6IUD)

II am on my way with the spare tires in the bed of my truck

Back