• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing KOH pit info

Yeah, up is north, but it's the opposite direction when driving onto the lake bed so that could be confusing, since the mountains are behind you which is up and the bottom of the lake bed is in front which is down. If it's cloudy when you get there and you can't see the sun it could also be confusing about which direction your going, or if you don't know what time it is and where the sun should be, or........

:D

I guess this is as good a time as any to remind folks about the bomb craters on the lake bed. Don't go fast on the lake bed. Ask Kyung, and others. It can get expensive.

Yeah, up is north, but it's the opposite direction when driving onto the lake bed so that could be confusing, since the mountains are behind you which is up and the bottom of the lake bed is in front which is down. If it's cloudy when you get there and you can't see the sun it could also be confusing about which direction your going, or if you don't know what time it is and where the sun should be, or........

:D

I guess this is as good a time as any to remind folks about the bomb craters on the lake bed. Don't go fast on the lake bed. Ask Kyung, and others. It can get expensive.
Good way to get a great deal on a motor though.

or go fast and slam the brakes at the right time and do a half pipe type transfer from one crater to the next, it work's ive done it many times (once with skwerly in tow haha)

Note to self: Don't ride with Grimmy in JV.

We also have a limited number of team hoodies and T-shirts for pit crew members. Hoodies are $30 and T-shirts are $15. Wish the cost was less or we could afford to provide them, but we're way beyond being tapped out on this project. Hoodies and shirts are black with the team number on the front and team logos on the back.

How about one XL Hoodie and one L T-SHirt please?

PayPal or Cash on the Lakebed?

Me and my 9 year old son plan on attending the race. Don't know how much help me and my Kid can provide but if push comes to shove we wouldn't mind lending a hand. I plan to leave sometime in the afternoon Saturday ( although this may change to early sat or late Friday night ) . Debating on whether or not to sleep in the jeep or bring the tent trailer. Regular Tent camping wouldn't be a bad idea to keep things simple.

For those of you coming in Friday, Saturday or Sunday in the early hours..

You can't go wrong picking up an extra Pumpkin Spice Latte in apple valley. Venti, extra hot, no whip.

;)

You can't go wrong picking up an extra Pumpkin Spice Latte in apple valley. Venti, extra hot, no whip.

;)

What's the nearest Starbucks to JV?

What's the nearest Starbucks to JV?

The last one that doesnt require a left across traffic:

17003 Bear Valley Rd

Corner of Bear Valley Rd and Hesperia Rd. On the right, before the intersection. Room to park a trailer. The 4th stall has a big stain from where big bird used to have a diff leak...

=)

The last one that doesnt require a left across traffic:

17003 Bear Valley Rd

Corner of Bear Valley Rd and Hesperia Rd. On the right, before the intersection. Room to park a trailer. The 4th stall has a big stain from where big bird used to have a diff leak...

=)

Ha! But then it's another hour or so to the lakebed. I bet it would be cold by then :p

Me and my 9 year old son plan on attending the race. Don't know how much help me and my Kid can provide but if push comes to shove we wouldn't mind lending a hand. I plan to leave sometime in the afternoon Saturday ( although this may change to early sat or late Friday night ) . Debating on whether or not to sleep in the jeep or bring the tent trailer. Regular Tent camping wouldn't be a bad idea to keep things simple.

I would bring the tent trailer. It's going to be a zoo out there, and there's no way to predict the weather.

I would bring the tent trailer. It's going to be a zoo out there, and there's no way to predict the weather.

Gotcha! I'm just dreading hauling it and setting it up and packing up Sunday afternoon. I don't have Monday off but who knows, I may be sick then :p

Looking through all this, since I'm going to be tent camping there for over a week, I think I'll set up on the edge of the lakebed somewhere, as far out as I can get, and just drive back and forth.

;)

I'm probably coming in Saturday evening, no crack for you!

PS - Yucca is closer.

Looking through all this, since I'm going to be tent camping there for over a week, I think I'll set up on the edge of the lakebed somewhere, as far out as I can get, and just drive back and forth.

You'll have to evaluate the situation when you get there. It's best to be able to have someone keep an eye on your tent while your gone if the wind comes up. Plenty have come back to a flattened tent.

Back