• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team MAD build

yea i heard that

the rig looked pretty good out there.

matt is always nice to talk to.

Hey everyone! First off congrats to Eric Miller for finishing 1st in his Grand and Petty Cash for taking the 3rd way cool gents. Glad to see the Chero-cars on top.

We had our issues in the form of our novak shifter cable bolt coming loose, the one thing I didn't check go figure right. Got it fixed and pressed on. Ran good till loosing a brake line but swapped that and pressed on again. We did FINISH, which was huge by itself but later found out we did finish 9th in class! Only ten cars finished in the allowed time so to be top ten was epic and more then I was expecting. Thank you for the support and following the action. Working on full KOH story now and will create a KOH folder on our team face book page for your viewing pleasure.

Well KOH has come and gone...Haven't touched the jeep since then but we have our first Dirt Riot Race coming up on March 9th in Congress, Az. We were talking about wrapping my vehicle to look similar to the other two cars on our team (mod stock and unlimited) but due to me having a body and being beat we decided it would not look as nice and went with good ol' rattle can. I did some light sanding yesterday and shot with some color. Will be finishing up the touch up areas to do and will share photos. surprisingly it looks good for the colors.

good luck, that's my b-day and i'll be celebrating it in JV. i'll drink a KOH memory beer for ya sunday morning in hopes of some good ju-ju going your way :cheers:

good luck, that's my b-day and i'll be celebrating it in JV. i'll drink a KOH memory beer for ya sunday morning in hopes of some good ju-ju going your way :cheers:

Thanks brotha. First happy early birthday. Enjoy the vast desert known as the hammers. I will never get enough of that place. Even after the race I wanted to go out and get more. Second Ill have some pre birthday beers for you Friday after pre-running and Saturday during the rock crawl comp as I spectate on the side lines.

So being apart of the Letzroll Offroad racing team and having ESAB welding and cutting products as our primary sponsor we were going to wrap my red/silver Cherokee to the team colors of yellow/silver. However with the body being massaged and used we realized it would not come out perfectly. Plus with plans of building a new stock class car ( ;-) more on that later) we figured we would just paint it to match the team color scheme. So I went ahead and did some light sanding and primer then several rattle cans later we had our colors laid down.

early stages
1509655_607549649315562_148390987_n.jpg

finished look minus sponsor decals, which will go on before our race in Congress, Az march 9th.
1974993_607549672648893_378957257_n.jpg

Yesterday was at Letzroll Offroad where I swapped out the passenger side axle seal from the D60 as its been seeping since KOH. Thanks to Yukon for the fresh seals. Speaking of Yukon look what the put out.

1974993_607547089315818_1034221989_n.jpg

Next up we are swapping master cylinders to really give our braking back and flushing the entire system as during our race we lost a brake line and the fluid in the system. To finish the race we tossed in power steering fluid as that's all I had at the time. It worked and we got a 9th place finish. But now its being addressed so fresh master cylinder, new calipers, fresh lines and re route rear lines to avoid the massive ADS racing shocks from catching them again.

Speaking of ADS racing shocks.
1690170_607547079315819_267823887_n.jpg

Well stay tuned. We are a little over a week out until our season opener of Dirt Riot. If in Arizona March 8-9 come on down to Congress Az and watch the action live and up close

Well the racing season is in full swing and like always time is never on my side haha. We raced Dirt Riot and took a 3rd in our class after a ball joint, spicer u-joint and shaft failing. The u-joint let loose first causing the shaft to bind on the knuckle popping the ball joint and bending the chromo shafts ears. After the devastating let down I got out and co drove for Andrew in the 4493 unlimited car and we started 6th and managed a 1st place victory. All in all it was a great day of racing but now its back to fixing and prep.

pictures from the Congress race.

1186816_613685342035326_710611784_n.jpg

1798536_613685362035324_314494507_n.jpg

1186700_613685418701985_2127387565_n.jpg

579212_614989651904895_1804542282_n.jpg

and our race ender
397523_10201713302260339_430890254_n.jpg

then co drove this
1926909_613688722034988_922947312_n.jpg

in cab video from the unlimited class race I had the privilege of co-driving in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfGEjUUm5EY&feature=youtu.be

Last week we swapped in fresh ball joint, new Yukon Chromo shafts and Yukon super joints! the front end is stout. Still tracing a sputtering issue in 1st and 2nd on the RAD shifter however. Fuel pressure is good with the pump kicking out 85 psi and the fuel regulator sitting at 40-42 at idle. Thought maybe the distributor was bad and causing the timing to be off so swapped in a new distributor and set it to TDC. Test drive still sputters. Ok maybe the TPS in the throttle body so replaced that as it was life time warranty...Nope still doing it so this week ill be chasing that with first doing a new CPS. Then need to build or buy a leaf spring hanger bracket (cab side) as we are ripping ours off. So either going to quickly build/fab something to get us through as were going to be building a new car this summer most likely or will buy the synergy version (just worried on shipping time). Will also be doing nut/bolt check, fluid check, cleaning filters and greasing everything. We are really wanting to perform better in Tucson as its a fast course.

After still trying to figure out a our sputtering issues and replacing everything and adding a few items (fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel regulator, distributor, cam sensor, TPS, CPS, spark plugs, wires, rotor, cap, vacuum lines, MSD coil and MSD 6a ignition) it was time to go racing again even though it was still doing it. The rest of the car was good and ready. We loaded up and headed to Moab, Ut. Pre ran the course Friday and was happy with the course and the car. Did a once over one more time and called it a night. Woke up to a wet Moab as it rained the whole night prior so we adjusted a few items and went racing. We started 4th out of 5 at 15 second intervals. We made a pass in the playground for 3rd and dropped down to drop kick and several other Moab trails. Between the rocks and bumps and two years of racing the unibody is tired and was really tired as it let lose of the front clip/fenders. The battery bounced and shorted the electrical killing the car. This knocked us to dead last. Disconnecting the MSD stuff and going back to factory it fired up and we cruised along. passed fellow racer who had a broken steering box, he waved us on so we pressed. Made it back to the play ground area and realized we had zero brakes. 1st place and 2nd place cars were already done. 3rd was a half a lap in front and we quickly shorted that as 3rd place made the climb in a rock section we were hot on his heels. He pulled aside letting us take the pass to avoid the nerf and we made a quick no brake dash to the finish hoping to get enough seconds for the 3rd place finish. It just so happens we did. We secured 3rd place. Not as great as I would have liked but still on the podiums and should bump us in points.

1901123_632313176839209_1295760321210079924_n.jpg

10151370_632313183505875_6457671524379755695_n.jpg

the pass

http://instagram.com/p/nDj8D7GLKR/

thanks to our sponsors: Letzroll Offroad Racing, ESAB welding and cutting, Yukon Gear and Axle, ADS racing shocks, Raceline wheels, Artec Industries, Spyder Auto, Ballistic fabrication, Prime 4x4, C-rok, Knuckle Busters, Deaver Suspension and TAD driveshafts. Couldn't do it with out your continued

how bad is the weight of the 1 tons while trying to race? have you weighed the car since the 14 bolt swap? nice race and nice pictures as always

2013 KOH stripped and gutted with less then 5 gallons of gas (went in light) D60 front and ford 8.8 and small shocks. 4300lbs.

2014 KOH race trim ready to go. Full tank (22gal) spares, tool bag, D60 front, 14 bolt rear and large body shocks. 4785lbs. Tons make it heavy but it makes us not worry about broke axle shafts. Its a trade off.

damn.

we weight way more than you, and don't have tons.

dig the new paint scheme.

Back