• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stuck on lift

i ended up getting it from 4x4 group buy, and its arriving on the 14th, im super stocked to install the lift, i just got all my maintenace done yesterday, changed ALL the fluids, did oil, tranny, pumpkins, brake lines, and coolant. took forever and a day but it had to be done. i also found where my vaccume leak was, so my cruise works now and my heater vents work, also fixed my broken washer pump. aaand i rustoleumed and coated everything that i could under the car. thats how bored ive been.

You're going to have to do your brake lines again... Extended SS brake lines are part of the kit and will require you to swap lines and then bleed the system again. Funny how getting new parts motivates you to do your routine maintenance... just went through the same thing myself.

Congrats on the kit though. I've been running the complete RE 5.5" (short arm with drop brackets) kit with 33" BFG MT's for about 6 years now and have been very happy with it. I know you got the long arms, but I think 33's should still be a good fit for you. With stock rims and 33x10.5's I only had to do minor trimming to the leading edge of the front flare and the trailing edge of the rear flare, no trimming of the fender itself. Have fun!

LONG-ARM all the way. long-arms have better flex offroad, and will drive MUCH better on the road with 5.5" of lift. RE has a ok kit, I would look into Clayton Long-arms!!! also, look into rock krawler, and skyjacker. Look on Advanced Adapters for the SYE. you have a choice of regular SYE and HD SYE. They also have CV driveshafts for your ride. the next question is, do you have a D35 rear axle or a Chrysler 8.25??? This will make a huge difference in the your decisions for what size tires, if you even want to look at moab. You can always pick up Chrysler 8.25 at any junkyard, try to find a 29 spline. They are stronger stock than a D44. A D35 is EXTREMELY weak and WILL break with 33's and a locker/limited slip. you will need a locker for moab, even the easier trails. if you have any other questions, message me

long arms is one of them 'slippery slopes'
you could go with the rk 3 link + re everything else and save some money there.
OR, pick and choose what you like from which vendor! you dont have to buy a kit to get the re goodies like brake lines or bumpstops, you can order all the small stuff individually.

not 1 company sells EVERYTHING you want

lots of opinions here, do a search for trackbar for example, and you'll see why people like which trackbars and for what ammount of lift.

Last edited:
damn im gonna have to sleep on this for a bit. but i think im leaning twoards the RE LA, and even that is pushing it because its alot of money and the tnt is just even more hah.

im pretty new to offroading too.. i have the 5.5 RE long arm kit with 33's and couldnt be happier, it rides great on the road and flexes awesome offroad. i would definitely recommend it.

alek

unfortunately i have a D35, im gonna save up some money though and just get the 8.8. i wont really be wheeling it till then so i think i should be safe with the 33's and d35 right? if not ill keep the 30's on there and just get 33s when i upgrade the axle

theres no way i can afford the long arm lol, i would be stuck with a 5.5 long arm on 30's for quite some time until i could save up for tires haha.

do you guys DD your rigs with a 55 and 33's? i take alot of road trips and need to make sure that its streetable and not unstable at higher speeds. also how badly does your gas mileage plummet after a lift that size and tires? (without an immediate re-gear)
If you run the RE 5.5 with the drop brackets, you'll find it VERY stable on the road. I've taken mine on some 3000 mile trips and it was quite comfortable.

so everything just arrived via UPS. first thing i noticed was, the rear leaf pack was sent without anyhting, just a sticker with my address on it, and im missing a leaf pack. i havent checked to see if everything else is there yet but im hoping it is. is that normal that the springs didnt come packaged?

so everything just arrived via UPS. first thing i noticed was, the rear leaf pack was sent without anyhting, just a sticker with my address on it, and im missing a leaf pack. i havent checked to see if everything else is there yet but im hoping it is. is that normal that the springs didnt come packaged?

Thats normal, and frequently one pack shows up a day or two after the other.

i just opened up all the boxes, im also missing the custom driveshaft and the sye, and the hoodie that comes with the shocks :p but thats not important.

so this is common that im missing stuff? everything on their packing list is checked off, but there is no driveshaft of sye on the list, and it was supposed to come with their kit.

and C85D4x4 i will for sure need help installing this, never done it before lol

Was there a list of how many boxes should have arrived?

It may be that not all of the boxes made it on the truck today.

no i only got a sheet that lists all the stuff in the boxes and how many of each there should be. im hoping that its the case that the box is on another truck or something. im just worried that i wont receive those parts and will be forced to purchase them again

Give it a day or two, and then call the vendor you purchased it from.

This is a pretty common scenario and they can handle it.

awsome, thanks man, i was kinda freaking out for a moment haha. im gonna start PB blasting the shit out of everything i see under the car. anything special i should pay attention too for preparation work?

I work at ups and i know from now and then packages get misplaced and may take an extra day or two to get there. also it is very comon to have leaf springs sent just in the open 4wd hardware does it everynight iwth about 40-50 leaf springs each

if you need any help or moral support shoot me a pm

Back