• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stuck on lift

I don't like the way the RE kit mounts, I don't think it is strong enough. TNT does it right. So do many others, thats just the one I trust the most.

For tires, baja claws arent a great street tire. For a rig that sees a lot of street, look at MT/R's or BFG A/T's. BFG M/T's work well too, but they don't last as long and go flat a little easier imho.

do you have a website where i can find their stuff? only reason why i want to stick with RE is because ive pretty much heard they have an incomparable ride quality, and quality of parts in general.

do you have a website where i can find their stuff? only reason why i want to stick with RE is because ive pretty much heard they have an incomparable ride quality, and quality of parts in general.

TNT > RE.

http://www.tntcustoms.com/treks_home.asp

Click "XJ" and then look at "Y-link Suspension Systems".

You'll pay more, but you really do get what you pay for.

i would go with tnt but idk if i really need something THAT good haha. so you say the mounting points of the long arms are not good with the RE? are they weak or something? because i could have my buddy weld them to the fame. im a noob to the wheeling community so its not like im gonna be doing anything crazy, do you think that the re will not suffice? could i always just upgrade the re long arms to the y link from tnt?

If you're considering that route, just don't buy the longarm kit. Buy the RE 5.5" drop bracket kit, when you are ready to upgrade to longarms later, you can sell the entire drop bracket setup + your short arms for about $400 to offset the cost of your longarm upgrade.

I run the RE drop bracket setup with about 7" of lift and 35's, it rides well and flexes well.

I install RE kits on a regular basis. They are good, solid kits with proven reliability. I would recomend you do the LA with whichever kit you choose.

I run 4.5" of lift (bastard parts) with short arms and I am CAN'T wait until I can afford the 5.5" with the LA upgrade. Its pricey, but worth it. I currently have 33s under my 4.5" and it runs well enough, but I am trimmed and my wheels have 3.25" backspacing, so rubbing is not too much of an issue. They ride can be a little rough on the road and I don't like the axle travel on the short arms when I am getting stretched out.

They ride can be a little rough on the road and I don't like the axle travel on the short arms when I am getting stretched out.

Yeah, that shortarm flex is horrible, with bad wheel placement.

IMG_0160%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_0161%20(Medium).jpg

:)

Rusty's is fine, Rubicon Express is just a huge cost for the name.

If by 'fine' you mean 'likely going to break', you are dead on.

If you genuinly believe his suspension components are quality .. you don't get a vote.

Rusty's is fine, Rubicon Express is just a huge cost for the name.

I thought that way until I started doing installs. Rubicon's parts tend to be better quality and have a better fit. I have heard many good things about Rusty's as well, but I have had less bad reviews of RE than most other companies. I like some aspects of TNT's stuff, but on working on them after they have been wheeled I wasn't very happy with them.

quick question, is 4x4groupbuy a reputable place to buy my lift from? i found the re long arm for a really really good price and it comes with the sye and tw driveshaft and to me it just seemed too good to be true.

I had the whole RE 4.5 kit. The leafs were OK with the Jeep unloaded, definitely flexy. But this is what they look like with a full load of junk and me on the roof
483398551_af34e82e10_m.jpg

They're just too soft to carry a heavy load. Note that its almost riding on the bumpstops.

I replaced the leafs with 5" DPG Trailgunners, which are stiffer than the RE leafs, and I kept the RE shackles for a total of 5.5" of lift in the back. Sorry I don't have a good pic of it but suffice to say I don't have that sag problem anymore. With my normal accessories, basket, spare, hilift, drawers, and CO2 tank, the ass sticks up just slightly higher than the front. With a full load it's about level, and a lot less scary on the freeway.

cool man, thanks for chiming in! ill probably upgrade with dpg later down the road if i experience any problems, im just trying to get it done with the RE kit first then ill start to mix it up to my liking :)

but is 4x4groupbuy a reputable site for me to buy my lift from???

cool man, thanks for chiming in! ill probably upgrade with dpg later down the road if i experience any problems, im just trying to get it done with the RE kit first then ill start to mix it up to my liking :)

but is 4x4groupbuy a reputable site for me to buy my lift from???

ive never bought from them, but have never heard of anything bad about them. i would buy from them.

just do a quick search and see what people have said.

Back