• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Started on the exo... with pics!! (finished 12-20-09)

Re: Started on the exo...

Make the exo out of wood closet rods...duh.

More Pics.............

morebuggy007-1.jpg

morebuggy008.jpg

morebuggy010.jpg

morebuggy009.jpg

morebuggy011.jpg

wanna do a hybrid cage on mine? pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do your back doors open all the way with that B pillar or is that it? From what I understand, its either close to the body and they dont, or far away and they do. Yours doesnt look too bad, the windshield spreader is alittle goofy but I think that is one of the hardest ones to make look good. I am just just going through the fender and welding mine to the cowl and door hinges and for-going the windshield spreader. Not bad though, I just cant do a full exo.

The back doors do open all the way.... They will also be tied into/through the b pillar for some interior bracing and a bar for harnesses.

Looking good man! I'm diggin the front stinger and winch plate!! Hope you got that d-shaft I left for ya...didnt see you anywhere so I just fig I'd drop it off.

Yeah man I meant to shoot you a message or a text, I got it. Thanks for the cage compliments.

When are you going to test it out? Going forward or reverse this time?

We are waiting for another shipment of Tubing to come in right now, so it will probably be after this weekend before any more work is done. I am sure it will get tested eventually. How it will get tested will just be a surprise to all of us I guess!

Who are you to judge how much cowbell my rig needs? It has more cowbell than your rig will ever have....... Jealous!

OK OK OK I agree.... pretty much everything needs more cowbell.

Re: Started on the exo... with pics!!

Heath just sent me a few updates.

morebuggy015.jpg

morebuggy016.jpg

morebuggy018.jpg

Re: Started on the exo... with pics!! (Updated 12-13-09)

thats pretty cool i dont think i've seen anyone do an exo around there flares before, its kinda like a tube fender

Yeah I kinda wanted to keep the Bushwackers, and even though it is a PITA Heath is working around them pretty well. I am happy with how it is turning out. Should be done soon!!! I can't wait to get the cage finished and painted.

Looks good. Just not sure about the gusset in the rear, if that's what's holding those tubes together I am not sure I would trust that gusset. But if the tubes connect to the bumper then it should be fun.

The upright tube is welded directly to the bumper. The tube flare, is notched, and welded to the upright tube, and then the gusset is just over it to add some strength and rigidity.

Back