• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smoking Banned In Homes

Does anyone realize how much unhealthy sh*t they breathe on a daily basis compared to my cigarette smoke?....It's laughable. Some of you health nuts crack me up. Government spending money on smoking related illnesses? What about the money the government spends on the fatasses of this country because they "can't control" their urge to eat? If smoking is SSSSOOOOOOOO bad for everyone and there are absolutely no benefits to it, THEN WHY ISN'T IT ILLEGAL? Oh yeah, that's right, the government profits from it in the form of literally hundreds of billions of dollars every year.

EVERYONE has there vice, be it smoking, drinking, drugs, food etc., whether they realize it or not. The majority of you are no more healthy than the average smoker.

On a side note: our greatest thinkers, philosophers, scientists, politicians, etc. were smokers. Albert Einstein, Freud, F.D.R. are just a few that come to mind. Try to imagine what our world would be like without them, besides a little less smoky:smoker:.

Now where is my damn lighter...

Does anyone realize how much unhealthy sh*t they breathe on a daily basis compared to my cigarette smoke?....It's laughable. Some of you health nuts crack me up. Government spending money on smoking related illnesses? What about the money the government spends on the fatasses of this country because they "can't control" their urge to eat? If smoking is SSSSOOOOOOOO bad for everyone and there are absolutely no benefits to it, THEN WHY ISN'T IT ILLEGAL? Oh yeah, that's right, the government profits from it in the form of literally hundreds of billions of dollars every year.

EVERYONE has there vice, be it smoking, drinking, drugs, food etc., whether they realize it or not. The majority of you are no more healthy than the average smoker.

On a side note: our greatest thinkers, philosophers, scientists, politicians, etc. were smokers. Albert Einstein, Freud, F.D.R. are just a few that come to mind. Try to imagine what our world would be like without them, besides a little less smoky:smoker:.

Now where is my damn lighter...

The topic of debate is not whether or not it's healthy for you and other people being fat. The issue is that your right to smoke is infringing on my right to not smell your cigarette smoke.

But, I agree with your post.

It will, I am gonna exhale into a box then mail it to you :cheers:

PM me, and I'll send you my address. Then, I'll see if I can ID the type of cigs you smoke. :party:

I'm only saying that your argument about perfume affecting you is much different than cigarette smoke. If you smell perfume, it doesn't contain carcinogens. It doesn't contain particulates.

Actually its not that different, my mother can not be around perfume at all. Her airway will start to swell shut and she has to use an inhaler and then we will usually have to leave or go to another area. So the perfume will affect us much more quickly than exhaled smoke bother you.
Some people have extreme allergies and the affect from these allergies can be much more harsh than a little smoke.

Actually its not that different, my mother can not be around perfume at all. Her airway will start to swell shut and she has to use an inhaler and then we will usually have to leave or go to another area. So the perfume will affect us much more quickly than exhaled smoke bother you.
Some people have extreme allergies and the affect from these allergies can be much more harsh than a little smoke.

Yes, it may be dangerous for her (obviously, since she can't breathe), but perfume does not contain carcinogens or particulates. That's the point.

The vast majority of people are not 'allergic' to perfume.

Perfume in and of itself is not "bad" for you. Cigarettes are.

Yes, it may be dangerous for her (obviously, since she can't breathe), but perfume does not contain carcinogens or particulates. That's the point.

The vast majority of people are not 'allergic' to perfume.

Perfume in and of itself is not "bad" for you. Cigarettes are.

I got 6,800.000 pages when I goggled "cosmetics and cancer". I got about double that for "cigarettes and cancer".
The solvents in Perfume are mostly man made and it's likely humans have a lower genetic tolerance to those, than naturally occurring substances. Talcum powder is almost indistinguishable from asbestos at a molecular level.

Let me, let you in on a secret. The air handlers in large buildings, pump air inside from the outside. They run the outside air through heat exchangers and filters. The filters are fairly coarse, the SDBS (super dooper bad sh*t) mostly makes it through the filters and the vast majority of it stays in the building.
Going outside to smoke is likely healthier for you, than breathing the air in the building.
Cigarette smoking isn't good for a person, but take it from me, it is likely way down the list of the things you should probably be paying attention too and aren't.
People get hung up on single subject agendas, some get there teeth into an agenda and chew it to pieces. A single mindedness that all but blinds them to other threats.

Last edited:
This thread makes me want to start smoking again.....
Don't do that, I quit for years and started back up again on 911. I'm still kicking myself in the rear over that screw up.
I think they ought to introduce some new chewing tobacco flavors, then that racing stripe down the side of my XJ might smell better.
Maybe "Hair Pie" flavored chewing tobacco, "The flavor of love in every chew"!:new::us::D

I got 6,800.000 pages when I goggled "cosmetics and cancer". I got about double that for "cigarettes and cancer".
The solvents in Perfume are mostly man made and it's likely humans have a lower genetic tolerance to those, than naturally occurring substances. Talcum powder is almost indistinguishable from asbestos at a molecular level.

Let me, let you in on a secret. The air handlers in large buildings, pump air inside from the outside. They run the outside air through heat exchangers and filters. The filters are fairly coarse, the SDBS (super dooper bad sh*t) mostly makes it through the filters and the vast majority of it stays in the building.
Going outside to smoke is likely healthier for you, than breathing the air in the building.
Cigarette smoking isn't good for a person, but take it from me, it is likely way down the list of the things you should probably be paying attention too and aren't.
People get hung up on single subject agendas, some get there teeth into an agenda and chew it to pieces. A single mindedness that all but blinds them to other threats.

Again, the argument isn't whether or not cigs cause cancer. The argument is that your right to smoke infringes on my right to not smell your cig smoke.

It's not about getting hung up on any kind of agenda. When you smoke around me, it smells disgusting and the smell clings to me and makes me smell disgusting. Not to mention that I'm inhaling all the nasty things in your smoke.

Since everything is already so bad for me, why do I need to add to to more to it by smelling your smoke (usually involuntarily).

I remember being on patrol for 3 months, making our own air, electrostatic cleaners like you would not believe. Then coming back in from patrol and cracking the hatches, breathing normal air again, and the $%R##@R% headache and nausea from it.

Submariner?

Seriously...is that all you got?

I would trade(and do) the weird beer laws here for the 10K plus weird laws you guys have to deal with.

It always makes me laugh when thats the only thing anybody can throw at Utah.

Its not the only thing I can throw at utah, but I'm being nice and avoiding the silliness that surrounds Mormans and Mormonism.

Again, the argument isn't whether or not cigs cause cancer. The argument is that your right to smoke infringes on my right to not smell your cig smoke.

It's not about getting hung up on any kind of agenda. When you smoke around me, it smells disgusting and the smell clings to me and makes me smell disgusting. Not to mention that I'm inhaling all the nasty things in your smoke.

Since everything is already so bad for me, why do I need to add to to more to it by smelling your smoke (usually involuntarily).

And my question is, why are your rights any more important or valid than anybody else's?
I guess because you make the most noise about other people, you've convinced yourself you are the center of your universe. You can then gather a following of like minded people and go on a crusade.
You can crawl up most anybodies rear end with a microscope and find something stinky.
I say, I'd rather smell the smoke than you.

And my question is, why are your rights any more important or valid than anybody else's?
I guess because you make the most noise about other people, you've convinced yourself you are the center of your universe. You can then gather a following of like minded people and go on a crusade.
You can crawl up most anybodies rear end with a microscope and find something stinky.
I say, I'd rather smell the smoke than you.

Now now, 8Mud. That's not very nice. You've forgotten the Golden Rule. I see you've stopped actually debating the topic and started in on the personal attacks. Maybe you should go have a smoke and lighten up a bit.

Nobody is saying one person's right is more "valid" than anyone else's right.

In case you skipped over my posts, my point is that your right infringes on my right. My right does not infringe on your right.

What's wrong with banding together with people of like interests anyways?

Back