• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smoking Banned In Homes

Wow, if thats the case ( I'm sure it must be because you wouldn't

embelish), then all that smoke outside, must I say must be killed so we

non-smokers will be safe forever. Thanks for setting me straight.:wave:

Next up, people who release methane gas .:clap:

Nope, I don't embellish at all. :rolleyes:

Women are exempt from the methane gas clause.

Safe forever?
Get rid of all the cars too right?

Don't give them any ideas or they will figure out a way to tax beans a thousand percent.

While we are at it, electric cars, electricity is primarily produced by coal which produces twice the CO2 as gasoline does per BTU produced. Or in other words, a gasoline driven automobile produces half of the CO2 as an electric car would for the same kilowatt of energy used. Actually it's likely electricity as an alternative fuel source for transportation produces more CO2 than you'd think, because half of the energy created to generate electricity from coal or fuel oil is wasted excess heat.
Gasoline cars bad, electric cars good. Non dependence on foreign oil is likely a good thing. But the way the process is marketed to the public, somehow smacks of B.S.
Much like cigarettes, way to lucrative for the government not to figure out ways to control it and profit from it.
Thought for the day, 5% of global CO2 emissions are produced by cement factories.

Last edited:
No problem, continue to avoid the actual topic.
It's been resolved, you just haven't caught on yet or refuse to do so. If you don't believe me go back and have someone read your posts to you; s-l-o-w-l-y if need be. If that doesn't help, have them explain them to you.

LOL, where I work now they interviewed you in a conference room, 4 interviewers with 4 cigars. That was AFTER you got the guided tour through the humidor, store and cigar club rooms. Tends to weed out the riff raff doo gooders that legislate what they want. There are no non-smokers there. I also never knew so many chicks smoked cigars either.:laugh3:

I'm willing to bet you non-smokers are not fans of Bill Hicks :laugh2:

I'm just not a fan of liberal activism run amok, in general.
Like the town of Calabasas outlawing all smoking in the city limits. I grew up near Calabasas, you'd likely as not see as many horses on main street as cars. The place has turned into Yuppie central. I imagine if any of the old timers are still around, they are kicking themselves in the rear for not running the farken liberals off before they settled in and started multiplying.
Or the Mayor of Lancaster California passing an ordinance requiring all Pitt type dogs and Rottweilers to be castrated, because they are favored by gang members. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/01/lancaster-appro.html
I say leave the dogs in peace and castrate the gang members or maybe the mayor for being too weird to allow to breed.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
Will Rogers

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.
H. L. Mencken

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
Will Rogers

Last edited:
I could see a building owner implementing a no smoking policy; increasing the quality of life can increase what he can get for those apartments not to mention what the smoke does to the apartments. The govt though... no way.

I feel it's a marketing issue. Whenhazelton, pa started threatening to crack down on immigrants, shop owners were complaining that nobody's going to buy their stuff. It's like opening up a big and tall shop in a small ppl community. Location, location, location. I think that the apt complex should offer a reasonable accomodation for non-smokers but (law enacted to make penalties for false advertising or lemon law typeof stuff) and fine ppl for smoking in nonsmoking appt areas. The laws should further not make appt complexes have manditory areas but not charge extra for it. Make it a consumer decision. That's what free market economy is all about. Government regs are supposed to be set up to protect life liberty and the persuit of happiness. Just my $.02

Back