• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S&W Roll Cage question

I'm not saying they aren't important. I just don't think I need to go that extreme on my jeep.(mainly low speed rock crawling)

A 4pt harness with 3" webbing should work much better than the 2" 25year old. 3pt that cam with the jeep no?

Those belts make a HUGE difference. I wasn't going to put them in until the belt started riding up my chest. lol

Agreed.

I'm not saying they aren't important. I just don't think I need to go that extreme on my jeep.(mainly low speed rock crawling)

A 4pt harness with 3" webbing should work much better than the 2" 25year old. 3pt that cam with the jeep no?

And Yes, it will work way better. The purpose of the submarine belt is to keep the lap belt held down. A lot of people make the mistake of tightening the shoulder belts to keep them DOWN in their seat, that's how broken backs happen. Your lap belt should keep you down, and your shoulder belts should keep you back.

The problem with a 4 point is when you tighten the shoulder belts, it lifts your lap belt, thus introducing the need for a 5th strap. For your lower speed rock crawling stuff, you'd be better off keeping your lap belt tight, and your shoulder belts tightish. That way in a roll over, your butt will stay planted.

Back