• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Rack Mounting question???

Larsdeltanu194

NAXJA Forum User
I just recently acquired a Con-Ferr one piece welded porthole rack. The mounting system was not included and I haven’t been able to find anyone who currently sells them.

I checked just about ever off-road retailer at this point, have contacted Con-Ferr, and still nothing.

My question is are there any other options for mounting the rack, besides fabricating my own. For example would Garvin gutter mount work? Surco factory rack mounts? Anything?

I’ve got this rack sitting in my garage and I’m dying to put it on….hahah!

Thanks for any help!

A

How did you conctact Con-Ferr and recieve invalid information?

I just checked their website, their "Clamp Kit" runs for $45.

Not invalid, but they were unable to tell me actually where I would be able to find one (dealer/parts wholesaler) They were indeed very helpful as far as identifying the part I needed and how much it will run me.
-A

I'm looking for mounting hardware too. 4WP has Con Ferr racks on sale. I can get the rack for $100, but can't mount it!

Thanks for the info, the "Bull-dog" clamp mounting system is exactly what i'm looking for.

I did make a call to 4 wheel parts, and they do not have -or- sell the mounting hardware. I believe this might be the reason why they currently have the Con-ferr inventory liqudation going on right now...? Who knows?

I've tried Summit, JC whitney, and countless other sites...ahhh!

One of my last hopes, lies in Bob Suplee...apparently he has some Con-ferr items but was not exactly sure of what he had in stock.

So, I suppose if it doesn't work out with him...its off to the drawing board and I'll get that rack mounted one way or another.

I do appreciate the help from all of those who have replied.

-A

Back