• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

F/S Surco Safari Roof Rack Adaptors

Rags

NAXJA Forum User
Roof rack mounts for Surco brand Safari roof racks that new Surco racks don't come with, you order these seperatly,,,,,,,, They allow you to mount a Surco Safari roof rack to your OEM roof rack tracks on many vehicles...... These are NOT the universal gutter mounts...they are vehicle specific.............Also you can use these for the universal Surco roof rack channels that Surco offers which is not included in this auction if you have a roof or any flat mounting surface with no oem roof rails of any kind and have no gutters to use gutter mounts,,,,,

I used these mounts for many years with my Surco Safari Rack mounted on my 1990 Jeep Cherokee, with OEM roof rack rails I recently went to the GM100 gutter mount system from Surco because I have my 35" inch tire mounted in the rack now...needed a something a little stouter for my 35' inch spare tire weight and Hi-Lift jack mounted on my rack...... these mounts will work fine if you don't plan on putting a heavy concentrated piece of anything in your rack......... It matches the rating of what your stock OEM roof rails are rated pounds wise........

These are complete but are used! they have cosmetic wear and tear from being on my Jeep in the Arizona sun for many years, some fading etc...... they will be complete with all screws and what comes in a new kit minus instructions...pretty self explantory how they mount and work........they are 100% mechanically intact and usable.........They served me many years and will work for many years to come...if you dont mind something that is not cosmetically perfect these will save you some money compared to new........

Surco CH100 Retail new $61.95 plus shipping

I will sell for $30.00 shipped USPS

Should fit 1985 to 1992 XJ that came with OEM factory roof rack with flat channels, also you could use these adaptors to make a light bar to mount on OEM roof rack channels.

Pictire is stock Surco, you get 4 total, picture is exapmple of 1 set up....

sur-ch100.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUR-CH100/?rtype=10

UPDATE:
I was at U- Pull today getting a few XJ parts, I noticed a 1991 had the later style roof rack, the rails on the roof where not flat like my 1990 that these Surco adaptors fit, but I was getting parts off a 1992 and it had flat roof rails like my 1990, if you are interested in these Surco adaptors please make sure your OEM roof rails are flat with a channel and dont have the plastic peak in the middle, the early style OEM roof racks had large plastic knobs to adjust the rails for and aft on the roof, that is what these adapters fit, not the OEM roof rack where you push the buttons on the side to move the roof rails......

Back