• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations on Spark Plugs

Sorry to quote myself but I forgot to mention that my twice-a-year maintenance schedule of cleaning and spraying WD-40 on the cap, rotor, and wire-set, as well as filing and re-gapping the plugs also helps, quite dramatically at that. Of course I am aware that side-gapped plugs will likely wear out sooner than standard gapped ones would, but since the plugs are relatively cheap, I'm cool with that caveat.

I've found that having to remove the plugs every 6 months has gotten to be a bit of a PITA and I've gone back to using the Bosch Platinum Plus Single Ground Electrodes, seeing how I've tried several other brands with less than desirable results.:( They seem to start the quickest and run the smoothest of all the Single Ground Electrode Plugs I've tried since I started changing out my own Spark Plugs many years ago.:D Oh well, lesson learned.:doh:

Back