• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "why cant i leave anything alone" mj build

burr haha mines small enough and insulated so with 20 min of the heater its good enough to where t shirt haha.

Almost drove it last night. got brakes semi bled and started backing out and the damn tap welds broke on leaf perches. they needed to be moved anyway so saved me some work. got it pointed at t case now and ready to lay some fat beads on it.

I started on the nine again. got it all grinded down and rear for a final burn in for the perches and shock mounts. Going to move to calipers from 12 o clock to around 9 or 10 so i can bleed brakes properly.

Hooked up the OBD2 scanner to see if worked and sure does. Had a bunch of codes from the instal and stuff but no major ones. did notice from the live data that my TPS % is way high so going to adjust that.

start of the nine

gosh my garage is a mess cant wait to have it back to normal lol

The other money pits first snow in prolly 20 years. Been to cold to move into garage to work on it.

Tonight i plan on burning the perches in and prolly shocks . then I will be able to back it out of garage under its own POWER! pretty exciting haha

almost ready to rock and roll. shocks mounted and pinion angle set and perches welded. just need to get some bolts for bottom of shock and put brakes back on.

maybe drive it out of garage tom

finally got to drive it under its own power last night. Still needs front shocks so that top on list and rear lights wired up. But the sum bitch runs good, shifts and stops kinda lol speedo works to.

adding that leaf in rear seemed to level it out some

already putting it to work. snatch blocked the blazer off the trailer safely.

well its been a long journey and felt real good to drive it around. like i said got a few things to finish up so its a driver and than it cage time.

back to the jeep its almost street worthy. the front axle is i think 100% done. working on some wiring for tail lights and fans. I am having problems with my brake switch. the pedal sits about 1/2" away from bottom so might have to look into why but it will be road driving this week.

also been tryin to get these dang led working properly going to try a curt trailer brake light adapter that has its own power and see what that does tonight.

well after several hours of trying to get all the lights to work properly i finally got it. i ended up using a curt converter with its own power supply and using it for brake and turns. it had 1 wire for stop and tail and just wouldn't work so i ended up just running tail lights off a wire from passenger side and it all worked. so after i made sure it all worked i went and made it all look nice and half ass professional. Used grommets every time the wiring went threw metal. and electrical taped and wire loomed it up. turned out ok. also ran a couple extra wires for rock locks in future and drilled and grommeted more holes for more wire if needed.

pics of process

reverse lights kinda suck but they all work!

well after that was all finallized guess what. it was legal and got to drive it around a lil. found out power steering hipressure hose is busted and o ring at oil filter adapter leaks but other than that this thing runs good. I did take it out again last night and got some death wobble so brought it back and was going over my set up.. i didnt have frame track bar bracket tight. whoops tightened it and went over the alignment and made some changes and seems to be all good now. Ill order some new front and rear drive shafts from Adams driveshafts in the next couple days. noticed my front one was flopppy at the slip yoke.

its first cruise to gas station after rebuild haha

found a lil rock hill to flex on. still has some left in it

found some mud also. really need some rear fenders made soon haha

now its time to put some miles on it and wheel it at local pond and see how suspension does. need to order some DOM soon so this thing can look complete. felt good to drive it around tho. Engine and trans sound great

bent this up last night turned out ok for just protecting winch a lil bit more

got the bed box mounted and the rock light brackets welded on.

had some old door bars from blazer laying around so did some mock up to figure out where and what i want to run tubes

Planning to do a shake down run at badlands in attica soon.

got the power steering hose replaced last night and took it out for a lil trail riding here in town. not much but good for testing. Power steering sucks and need to trim my front bumper some, but other than that it did good.

passenger wheel rubbing like a mofo here. driver droop is decent.

sucks its at night but decent lil spot that i had trouble in my old tj in. walked right up

power steering fluid made it shine lol

Back