• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Organizing for Paragon on July 13th & 14th

Re: Not going to make it

[quote:f2af7f3aae="Joe R."]Sorry guys.. i cant make it. I now have a girlfriend so you know how that goes. :) Yea, i guess there are some good fireworks out this way on the 13th.. maybe next time guys.
~Joe~[/quote:f2af7f3aae]

So, Joe....whipped already? Go offroading....you'll see her on monday. Later -Nick

LMAO

lol.. I'll be around.. will definately make it for the BBQ in august.. hopefully there will be another ride before then...
~Joe~

Re: Oops

[quote:c5bed40329="Skorpyo"][quote:c5bed40329="Bob Lester"][quote:c5bed40329="gary92xj"][quote:c5bed40329="Skorpyo"][quote:c5bed40329="gary92xj"]
Hey,no problem,i'll see you there.
Gary[/quote:c5bed40329]

So does that mean you can't join us on Friday for the trip up?[/quote:c5bed40329]

actually i could pack the jeep up and leave from work on friday at three if you have a place we could meet on the way. i'll be leaving from southeast dc but i'd have an hour to reach you whereever that is.i have easy access to the beltway/95/66 where i am.[/quote:c5bed40329]

Gary!
I work in N. W. DC. so that sound like a good idea. Hey Tim let us know.
Bob[/quote:c5bed40329]

Sounds fine by me, I work just off of 395 & King Street in Falls Church, so we can meet up at my place as Bob, myself and my Gal are planning. Drop me an email [email protected] with your phone and I'll call ya to arrange plans.
PS. I'll be in Woodbridge with Bob tonight to work on the Jeeps if you wanna stop by.[/quote:c5bed40329]

would have stopped by but started working on my bushwacker flares tonight.
sending you an email with my number.

Bring her with. I might have a woman with me. Now what's more romantic than sitting around a camp fire while conversing about the day's breakage and stucks? If she doesn't enjoy that you got the wrong girl. :mrgreen:

I'll definitly have a guest, and they won't be scared because my brakes are going to REALLY work this time.

Damn, I won't be able to come along.
I have an extra finance class on Sunday, and Im going to the Tom Petty concert at Montage on Saturday.

I'd like to come down Saturday morning and take a bunch on pictures, but Im not sure.

Is Harrys open saturdays? Id like to pull a d30 and a d44 (or d35) from a 4 banger with a tow package, with 4:10's.

Make sure you guys take lots of pictures and video if possible.
For us that arent goin to make it.

Have fun guys.

We should have another club meet at Pap before the summer is over.
later
XJohn

[img:5df993be48]http://jeeps.worldvoter.com/images/frntbumper.jpg[/img:5df993be48]

I won't be able to camp friday nite.I need to know what time I can meet up with y'all on sat. morning,either at the gas station or staging area?I called the campgrounds and told her I won't be there fri. nite but the rest of the group will.The reservation is under my name(Mitch Bodine) or NAXJA.I will see everybody sat. morning and I will be ready for some cold beer and cookin out sat. nite!!!.

Maybe I'll go camping friday night with everyone too. Hmm.....

John Harry's is open on saturday but only until 4:00. I was just there last saturday when I got my double brake booster(which is getting installed right now). Anyhow they don't have and D44s, and you definitly wouldn't find one behind a 2.5 4 popper XJ. They only came in 4.0s. You'll have to go with a D35 that has 4.10s, and may I suggest you get a non-clip axle? If you do I'll give you a spare set of shafts for real cheap. I have mine to part out.

PLEASE READ: Staging Area Times, and Groups!

Howdy all, I've counted anywhere from 10-17 trucks on this trip. I figure groups of 5-7 at the most. We'll try and divide into moderate and Hardcore since there don't seem to be any stockers coming along.

Lets all meet at the staging area at 8am so that we can beat the crowd out. Paragon charges $35 per day, and $5 per passenger, if you don't have an orange marker flag, you can get one for $2.

I'll be arriving at Red Ridge Campground around 7:00ish tonight, we can pick groups and leaders then, I'm guessing that we'll have 2-3 groups, so 2-3 leaders. If Andy or JohnB would like to volunteer for the Hardcore group, that would be great :D and if we can find a volunteer to lead the Moderate group, we should be set.

I beleive the BBQ will be around 5ish on Saturday, and I'd like to see if we can get a group or two for Sunday Wheeling.

Can't wait to see everyone there!

[quote:aba8fb92f2="Olive"]
John Harry's is open on saturday but only until 4:00. I was just there last saturday when I got my double brake booster(which is getting installed right now). Anyhow they don't have and D44s, and you definitly wouldn't find one behind a 2.5 4 popper XJ. They only came in 4.0s. You'll have to go with a D35 that has 4.10s, and may I suggest you get a non-clip axle? If you do I'll give you a spare set of shafts for real cheap. I have mine to part out.[/quote:aba8fb92f2]

Great thanks for the heads up on the D44.
I was going to run around and try to find one there, but a D35 would do the job, cause Im only going to 33 inch tires.

Now I just need to find a 4 banger to get the 4:10's.

So you'll be running your no-slip for the first time in the D44 eh?

You guys have fun, AND take A LOT of pictures/video. :)

Skorp: Did you lift any higher for that obstacle you wanna eat?

Someone posted on Blue Mountain's (www.bmja.org) message board that Harry's had 5 XJ D44's last week and wanted $50 each for them.

This sounds like a fairy tale to me, can anyone confirm this, if so I'd like to get one for a spare.

Yeah, at that price I could use a spare too!!

I can't make it up to Paragon this weekend. I ran out of time in getting the tires changed and a few other odds and ends I wanted to get done before coming up. Besides, I was wheeling all weekend last weekend up in N. Pa. and want to spend a weekend at home for a change.

I'll catch up with you guys next time,

Andy

Couldn't tell you whether that $50 a piece D44 thing is a fairy tail or not. I got mine for $40 and pulled it myself. I don't believe it.

On a side note. I will not be attending tomorrow. When I went to check my oil tonight and fill my washer bottle I noticed a blown fuse in my flexalite fan. Well I put anohter fuse back in, and the fan started to spin. Only it spun with only 4 blades on it somehow. However something similar happened to my last one(maybe it's a sign to get rid of it), and I might have a spare fan set. I really hope I still have it someplace.

Edit: Forget all that crap about me not going. I found my spare fan, and it's on, and it works. Yippie. Soooooo I'll be there in the morning. I'll show you guys what my fan blade looks like right now lol. I have no idea how it lost 6!!! blades.

Okay my 2 blades from flexalite must have been defective or something! This one lasted 2 blocks. There is no knicks in the blades that broke off(being evidence that something hit them). There is no plastic rubbed on the edges indicating they were really close to something and rubbing. I'm sick and tired of this goddamn fan. I need to figure out some better mounting methods maybe. Who knows?

Count me out. :evil:

Back