• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac???

I think BMW recommends against it in general.

I'm not saying you shouldn't rotate, just that it isn't that big of a deal. It's not as important ask keeping enough air in the tires. I rotate when I remember/feel like it. Which reminds me, I changed oil yesterday, I should go ahead an rotate.

thats because they run directional tires; assuming they're the same size front and rear you can rotate front to back but not side to side.

ive got the duratracs, 33x12.5

like the aggressive look, handle very well in the snow as said, but they also do great when im in the desert. i have about 6K on mine, holding up very well. they have a semisoft compound that grabs pretty well.

only issue is one of them balanced pretty funny, took 7 oz of weight. i rebalanced it and its fine but i think another one is out of balance that causes slight steering wheel shake (not DW) at speed.

im pretty happy with the purchase, crossing my fingers that they wear well

No, it's not. Even on models that run the same size and non-directional are not recommended for rotation by BMW.

Perhaps this is because BMW would like to sell their customers another set of really friggin' expensive tires sooner than later. Or perhaps, due to their suspension design, rotating tires with different wear patterns wil cause handling issues.

Last I checked, this forum is about Jeep Cherokees. Our rigs have stone age suspension and axle designs. If owners of vehicles with less than space age suspension want the maximum tread life out of their expensive tires (even cheap 31s are expensive) it is recomended to regularly rotate said tires. ANY tire on ANY Jeep will last substantially longer IF rotated at regular intervals!

Please stop using BMW maintenance recomendations for non BMW vehicles, it is senseless. While some on this board may own or drive a BMW, none of us are here to learn what maintence BMW recomends.

Matt:flamemad:

No, it's not. Even on models that run the same size and non-directional are not recommended for rotation by BMW.

I think its because BMW doesn't want people working on their own car

i run these on my tow rig... so far they have been performing awesome in the muddy parking lots the local ohv parks. ill deff get another set when these are gone.

I know this is a few months old, but thinking about getting some new tires soon. I can get these for 130$-ish M&B/ea I Want to know wear/mileage experience. Everything else sounds good as far as traction and noise.

Our work truck has probably 7-8000 miles on them so far, most of it highway, but a large percentage of time is spent in the dirt as well, and no complaints. They ride good, climb and claw up anything you'd be liable to attack in a stock F-150 (which since it's not ours is a surprisingly large amount of stuff) and very minimal wear. They still look almost new.

Our work truck has probably 7-8000 miles on them so far, most of it highway, but a large percentage of time is spent in the dirt as well, and no complaints. They ride good, climb and claw up anything you'd be liable to attack in a stock F-150 (which since it's not ours is a surprisingly large amount of stuff) and very minimal wear. They still look almost new.
Any way you can get a tread depth measurment? So I can get a better idea of how much they have worn already? NEw, I believe they have 16/32"

Back