• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Fiberglass Hood

4" is wayyyy to big...
Maybe so, but it would look good and flow alot of air. Im 6'3, so Its not in my line of vision and 4" is the max allowed by PA state law for hood protrusion that will still pass state saftey inspection, and thats one of the more reasonable yearly state inspection rules in PA. Its also the minimum I need to get enuff clearance in the center of the hood, but thats just me. Oh, all right, how bout 3"?

Some 'shops I did...I made a cowl that follows the lines of the hood and then added some louvers:

Inspiration:
horizventb.jpg

'Shop:
horizvent.jpg

Inspiration:
verticalventb.jpg

'Shop:
verticalvent.jpg

This is a Cobra-esque cowl with louvers in the middle:

Inspiration:
cobrab.jpg

'Shop:
cobra.jpg

Not my best work, but I couldn't find a decent picture that wasn't blurry and no lacking color.

so i talked with marsha mcneil and the street version is $300 and the race version (doesn't have under frame) is $250. i might try to pick one of these hoods up and try it out, maybe make some improvements.

Wouldn't run it if it was free.....to busy. Raised cowl would be great, let's plenty of air escape.....hey, that almost rhymed.

best looking concepts of the thread... but you cant just make round bodywork over the area the size of a hood...

i too was anxious to see this hood, but its just too busy for mass consumption this side of tijuana

I would like just a straight up 2" cowl following the lines plus those style vents at the top, no round bodywork needed :)

Back