• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Fiberglass Hood

The louvers on the sides are nice, but the middle looks too busy.

X2, I dont think a scooped hood with louvers to the sides will look good unless we get a 1 piece together so it could be done TT style with the louvers over the seam where the hood meets the fenders

1 more pic

hood3.jpg

Well I hate that he spent all that initial cost on something that wont sell, that probably shot him down on doing another hood to. Last time I talked to him right after it came out of the mold he said it looks ok but he didnt really like it either. I dont know why you would have a scoop to take air in and 2 inches from that inlet have huge louvers that will let that air out anyway either...seems...well..sorry to say but pretty retarded... but he had a Jeepspeed racer come in and pick out the louvers and the scoop, I was actaully using a hood in CAD and adding the louver and scoop options until I found something reasonable but when I called to get louver and scoop measurements he said that guy came in and picked out some stuff and they already started the mold..so it is what it is

I like the side louvers the scoop wouldn't be bad if it didnt have the louvers on top... though I'd rather have cowl induction

I'd like a little bit of a cowl following the lines of the stock hood and louvers towards the windshield kinda like this:

gt1234_5.jpg

Or what about a reverse cowl?

I'll come up with some p-shops tomorrow.

Turn the scoop around so it is like a cowl and leave all the loovers. Probably turn the loovers in the scoop around so they would be facing the right direction again. Leave the loovers on the sides and I think I would buy it.

How about a simple 4"inch cowl on the factory body line? Like the 87-93 Mustangs hoods that Harwood sells. I know there already is a steel cowl hood availible, but it looks like a skinny Z28 cowl as an added after thought, and its to narrow to cover my primary turbo sticking out the passenger side of my hood anyways.

Back