• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Fiberglass Hood

I wanna see pictures. When do you think they will have something mocked up?

Whats the price range going to be on something like this?

I will post pix sometime next week of the first completed hood. Price I believe will be 350 + shipping. 15% off that if you have racers discount or return customer. They are out of Cali

Ya' know what I want?
A complete fibreglass replacement body.
Just think of those buggy guys that could pop on replacement body parts whenever they tear something up.
Just like those closed course race trucks.
'
I can picture it now, full bodied KOH cars!
Ultra light weight of course.

:D

Would be cool but will never happen. The work involved just wouldnt be worth it. There are only a midgets handful of people in the entire world that would have use for a full fiberglass XJ body. Xjs are entry to mild racers, and weekend warriors, not million dollar cars. If you want a trophy truck or mini trophy truck pick something realistic, not a XJ. Dont get me wrong though, it would be awesome if someone took on the task and did a XJ trophy truck but they would have so much time in building the body.

Yeah thats awesome but that is the only one I know of but I never did reallly notice how wide that thing was. Ive seen many pix of it but they have been action shots. And how many of them do you actually see? So far 1. and there are 1 many 2 floating around on jeepspeed.net that have all removeable panels but thats it.

Oh come on. It's not that hard to do. If you really want all fiberglass panels on a tube frame, go for it. It's kind of materials intensive, but fiberglass isn't all that expensive. It's mainly labor intensive! :D If you're building a full tube chassis, making skins isn't all that much more work

The roof has to be metal if you want to race it. The front end's are already available. Strip a fiberglass hatch and cut the reinforcement out of it for the back. All you really need is the doors and rear quarters, right?

Get a straight mall crawler, a couple gallons of resin and a lot of heavy mat glass. You can have door skins in a weekend. Do the molds right and you can sell 'em.

As for the work to install a one piece on a unibody. On a true racer that you teardown all the time. It's a dream. I converted my OEM steal front end (non XJ) to a one piece tip-a-way. Just 4 pin to tip and 2 more pins and 2 light plugs for a full pull.
It over all saved hundreds of hours when you do a teardown ever week. With a few more quick pins and quick hose couplers. Two men can have an engine pulled in well under 60 min. EASY
Switch from beam to drive axle a lot? How would you like to do it all but the shaft STANDING UP.

I was gunna say it looked like the one hanging on the wall out back. Tom I think I even talked about it to you last time you took me back there haha

Well here it is...its alright but there are a few things Id change.. but like we talked about, as small as an XJ hood is, it would be hard to satisfy everyone because its hard to squeeze everything on it so I guess it turned out pretty good

hood1.jpg

hood2.jpg

Back