• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW Bushwackers

Qtec is a sponsor.
hub is a forum supporter.

They are very different things (and I didn't get a Qtec discount even when I was a member- they weren't even listed as a vendor).

i got a set of rear TJ flares for $20, why would you wanna pay 160?

there a set of 4 brand new 6" extended flares. I was going to buy a set of tj extended flares for colin bros but I like the look better with the rear flares.

I might just buy nice flat flares from BW for my tj and throw my old tj flairs on my beater XJ. really just need to satisfy the cops, there on my case about my swampers sticking out 4"

Sorry if I am just jumping into this thread but I like these new flares alot. I have always admired the ones they make for the TJs which one of my buddy's actually has on his. I actually just got the cut-out flares back at christmas and of course they would come out with these right after I get mine but whatever I like mine. I might have gone with these if they had them at the time. The cut-outs make my Jeep look great and I get alot more compliments on the Jeep now. Anyway I do want to offer up some insight on the current cut-outs. The current ones seem to be different from older variations. They seem to be made out of a different plastic unlike the older stuff. They feel alot more flexible and "rubbery" that the older stiff fragile feeling kind. The also no longer have a smooth surface, they are now textured similar to stock 97+ non-painted factory flares. I was planning on painting mine to match but with the new textured surface they look awsome so I have just left them as is. Also they changed the type of screws/bolts they use to hold them onto the body. The older ones had that shallow fine thread that was almost always guaranteed to pop out. The ones they send with them now have much deeper and more aggressive threads. I personally have tested them in a situation where normally the flares would most likely have popped off and/or craked and they held on just fine. I am very happy with my purchase all in all. So it seems after years of us complaining, Bushwacker finally listened and made the flares the RIGHT way.

Qtec is a sponsor.
hub is a forum supporter.

They are very different things (and I didn't get a Qtec discount even when I was a member- they weren't even listed as a vendor).
"vendor" was the word i was looking for. it slipped my mind.
Sorry if I am just jumping into this thread but I like these new flares alot. I have always admired the ones they make for the TJs which one of my buddy's actually has on his. I actually just got the cut-out flares back at christmas and of course they would come out with these right after I get mine but whatever I like mine. I might have gone with these if they had them at the time. The cut-outs make my Jeep look great and I get alot more compliments on the Jeep now. Anyway I do want to offer up some insight on the current cut-outs. The current ones seem to be different from older variations. They seem to be made out of a different plastic unlike the older stuff. They feel alot more flexible and "rubbery" that the older stiff fragile feeling kind. The also no longer have a smooth surface, they are now textured similar to stock 97+ non-painted factory flares. I was planning on painting mine to match but with the new textured surface they look awsome so I have just left them as is. Also they changed the type of screws/bolts they use to hold them onto the body. The older ones had that shallow fine thread that was almost always guaranteed to pop out. The ones they send with them now have much deeper and more aggressive threads. I personally have tested them in a situation where normally the flares would most likely have popped off and/or craked and they held on just fine. I am very happy with my purchase all in all. So it seems after years of us complaining, Bushwacker finally listened and made the flares the RIGHT way.
pictures?

"vendor" was the word i was looking for. it slipped my mind.

pictures?

Just to make sure if I wasn't clear enough but I was saying I like the new flat fender flares and I recently purchased the cut-out pocket style flares. Sorry if there was any confusion.

But here are some pictures of mine. You can kinda see the new textured surface in these pictures.

IMG_0102226.jpg

IMG_0102222.jpg

IMG_0102223.jpg

I know it looks kinda crappy in the pictures without the body molding and the nasty tape still there and without the rear bumper caps but my battery dremel kept dieing on me since the battery is shot so I just left that stuff off and went ahead ad got the new tires since they were already in. I have since finished trimming all the body molding and the bumper caps and it looks great. Sorry I don't have any up to date pictures my iPhone is slap full and I'm waiting on the new one to come out.

What are you driving? It looks like a Jeep, but its WAY to clean to be one!

its a toyota

ben824:
ah, i was late night reading. i was under the assumption that you had the cut outs and recently dropped the money again for the flats. i called both quadratec and 4wd.com, they both have them listed but neither are in stock. i ordered...

i wont do a write up, as the PDF is very in depth:
http://www.bushwacker.com/Instructions/10922_r0.pdf

Oh it gets dirty I just like to keep it clean! And I mostly do trails and minor rock crawling these days. I went mudding alot in high school and had enough of cleaning up the Jeep all the time. Plus mudding without a winch is a pain in the ass too.

Here are some pics to prove the old girl gets dirty from time to time. And yes I'm stuck but in my defense I was in a swamp in south Georgia and as soon as I hit what looked like a grassy area it sunk right down to the axles wasn't much I could do.

muddin1.jpg

muddin2.jpg

But victory of the day was a diesel Dodge on some toyo all-terrains got stuck back there to and I pulled him out which was pretty funny.

i like your jeep, but im not fond of the front.

i removed the bumper end caps and that little peice that cosmetic peice that ties the two together. gained so much ground clearance. replaced it with early model end caps. ill post up when ive got these new BWs on.

I have a set of the new flares in my shop as I speak. I work at the 4Wheel parts store in Atl. The bushwacker rep contacted my about putting them on my XJ to display them for our Truckfest Show June 26 & 27. But now that I have them they are not going to work for me, to much trimmed out already and also running the thor corner armor. We have another jeep lined up to put them on. I will take some pics during the install to post up. If you are in atl area you can come the the show and see them first hand.

Wow I can't believe I haven't seen this thread earlyer. I saw them on the back of the new quadtec mag to and said I want those!!! Even tho I've never liked a BW EVER!!! My questions is will these cut the fenders enough so I can run 35's??? Anyone have any thoughts?? Or what size tires are on that green xj in the add??
Thanks
Pete

Wow I can't believe I haven't seen this thread earlyer. I saw them on the back of the new quadtec mag to and said I want those!!! Even tho I've never liked a BW EVER!!! My questions is will these cut the fenders enough so I can run 35's??? Anyone have any thoughts?? Or what size tires are on that green xj in the add??
Thanks
Pete

Which store?

i like your jeep, but im not fond of the front.

i removed the bumper end caps and that little peice that cosmetic peice that ties the two together. gained so much ground clearance. replaced it with early model end caps. ill post up when ive got these new BWs on.

Thats cool man everyone has their own style and opinion. I left it the way it was and made everything work together because I like the factory lines for the most part so I wanted to keep all the moldings and bumper caps so I trimmed them all to fit. I know its bad on ground clearance but I figure if I need to I'll just take them all off before I plan to hit the trial. My Jeep unfortunately is a bit of a street queen only because I'm a college student and don't have enough time to go wheelin which there isn't much of down here in flat south GA. I also spend my life right now being next to broke since I am a college student so breaking stuff isn't an option. I'm just barely tryin to keep it in good running condition right now. Got some ball-joints to replace, oil leaks to address, and just a basic tune-up.

Thats cool man everyone has their own style and opinion. I left it the way it was and made everything work together because I like the factory lines for the most part so I wanted to keep all the moldings and bumper caps so I trimmed them all to fit. I know its bad on ground clearance but I figure if I need to I'll just take them all off before I plan to hit the trial. My Jeep unfortunately is a bit of a street queen only because I'm a college student and don't have enough time to go wheelin which there isn't much of down here in flat south GA. I also spend my life right now being next to broke since I am a college student so breaking stuff isn't an option. I'm just barely tryin to keep it in good running condition right now. Got some ball-joints to replace, oil leaks to address, and just a basic tune-up.
well i think the big difference is that your XJ has the painted to match trim... mine is the god aweful black, gauranteed to fade, trim. it had to go. i do like the look of yours.

and i know your pain, i start school again in the fall, want to blow all my money on the XJ, and STILL go on a trip back home to Va (i live in Mi now) before the end of summer. hell, i got to make sure i can make it that far and back alright before i even set off. got to love it.

Which store?

I ment the green XJ that is on the back of the quadratec mag.... the one that's pictured in the first post on this thread. I'm wondering what size tires those are. Since I'm dead set on putting 35's on my XJ... and I'm really liking these new flat bushwackers. So my questions is do you think we will be able to get 35's under a XJ with the new flat style bushwackers
Thanks
Pete

Dual exhaust with single in dual out flowmaster 50 series muffler with 2" pipping running out to 2.5" chrome tips sounds really good I get a lot of compliments on it.

Didn't see the tip on the passenger side until now. Makes sense now.

Back