• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW Bushwackers

I like how Bushwacker just made these. It's not like Jeep stopped production on our XJ's 10 years ago or anything. :D

However! It is good to see progress being made. New products are always nice, even if
I would have liked them a bit sooner.

If I remember right, the story on the XJ pictured is that it was being built for a guy
with a terminal illness. The know he only has a little bit of time left, and Bushwacker
chose this particular XJ to add their new brainchild to. Power to them. I just hope
that the guy gets to enjoy the XJ a bit after Bushwacker and Quadratec get done
parading it around the country.

Sadly, no. That gentlemen passed near to when that Jeep was done. Thats what the OP of the "bushwacker jeep" mentioned when he posted pics.

It was a relation of his, I think. Uncle, maybe?

I like the way the flares look, btw. it'd make 12.5's look pretty solid on a stockish jeep.

Sadly, no. That gentlemen passed near to when that Jeep was done. Thats what the OP of the "bushwacker jeep" mentioned when he posted pics.

It was a relation of his, I think. Uncle, maybe?

I like the way the flares look, btw. it'd make 12.5's look pretty solid on a stockish jeep.

im pretty sure your wrong.... jeepspeed off jeepforum personally knows the guy and he is still alive. he has better pictures of the jeep that he took personally

I understand that the new flares use the stock mounting holes. Not sure how much more wheel to fender clearance will be achieved with these.

on the mag it specifically said, "fender trimming is required" for the new flares, and tagged the others as "optional". though i looked at BWs directions trimming. how people bost about added clearance is beyond me. all it calls for is trimming away the areas that typically run, they dont make the wheel wells bigger (to allow bigger tires).

those tomken ones look like arse. im not a fan of the huge plate of steel with a fender on it. WAY over priced too. this guy needs to put his into production:
jeep002Small.jpg

I like em. And usually I hate flares...not sure I'd spring for the price tag but hey who knows. I'd like to see some actual pics once they are being sold.

Info I received today

Hi James, Thank you for your interest in Bushwacker products.
I was told we are still on target for the end of May (Yes that is this Friday) Once the flares are put into production we will need about 3 weeks to produce them and then to ship.
Quadratec should have these flares in about 30 days.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Bushwacker, Inc.

I'd like to know how much trimming is needed to install these.
if they gave you a template or something to fit these fenders to your jeep, i could understand. but everyone who has trimmed with free spirits and no intentions of flares trims to a different extent.

i wonder too how much (or little) trimming has to be done to fit these. i actually like them, haha. and i think it has me putting fender trimming on hold. but then again, it is payday...

Dunno if everyone is aware, but these new flares give an illusion of being more open (larger opening for tires) than they actually are.

Look at this pic of the rear flare - see how the inside surface of the flare slopes down into the wheel well to the sheet metal? The flare looks larger than it actually is.....

137339-add5-lg.jpg

I suppose this is good on one hand as it provides rigidity for the flare itself, but I kinda think the flare will look kinda goofy from a profile viewpoint.

you may have heard me asking about these before, but I still cant find my answer.

ANYONE know who sells the set of 4 rear extended tj flares as an offroad xj flair kit????

I believe it was around $160.

i got a set of rear TJ flares for $20, why would you wanna pay 160?

Back