• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help choosing a Long arm upgrade...

besides the pretty bad looking welds (and it might not come that way, but the auction picts show it) its just a radius arm design... Easy and no way to really screw up a screwed up design :-/

HastaHasta

At the risk of causing further deterioration in this smoldering thread, does anyone know anything useful about the "AJP" long arm upgrade being sold on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cherok...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2576653867

Doesn't look like any of the other kits mentioned on here so far, unless I made a mistake in looking them up.

nothing special about it. I do predict the grease fittings being knocked off the first time out, and the tabs to hold the crossmember on to be mangled after a couple hits. Its secured to the body less than ideally as well (no crush sleeves for the 4 bolts that go through the framerail, when tightened it will just pull the 2 sides together).

Seems these threads always lead to someone bashing one or design, then someone else has to jump in and bash something else and then some body starts ranting about something else.....

To the OP,
There are pro's and con's to every design out there. Some may be "Race-Ready" but that really doesn't mean much if you're building a weekend warrior that can still be use for DD duties.

Do you're homework, research here and elsewhere on the WWW, talk to people locally that wheel the same trails that you do.

Long Arms will most certainly provide superior ride quality both on and off road, and yes you'll get a lot more flex than a short arm system. Keep in mind that an un-seated coil may make a great photo-op....but it's not doing anything for you when it really matters. Weight on the wheels is far more important than excessive articulation.

Best of luck with your upgrade! (Regardless of which direction you choose.)

Seems these threads always lead to someone bashing one or design, then someone else has to jump in and bash something else and then some body starts ranting about something else.....

To the OP,
There are pro's and con's to every design out there. Some may be "Race-Ready" but that really doesn't mean much if you're building a weekend warrior that can still be use for DD duties.

Do you're homework, research here and elsewhere on the WWW, talk to people locally that wheel the same trails that you do.

Long Arms will most certainly provide superior ride quality both on and off road, and yes you'll get a lot more flex than a short arm system. Keep in mind that an un-seated coil may make a great photo-op....but it's not doing anything for you when it really matters. Weight on the wheels is far more important than excessive articulation.

Best of luck with your upgrade! (Regardless of which direction you choose.)

:thumbsup:

Radius arms are still ghey .!.:D.!.

I went from drop brackets to a Y-link (TnT). I am now looking to go back to a 3-link or 4-link. The unloading during steep hill climbs is a much worse feeling than when I was hitting the drop brackets and big drop-offs. Anyone want to trade or buy the TnT kit from me?

I would have if I didn't just get a TNT kit and you didn't move so far away.

Reguardless of manufacture, Im a big fan of crossmembers that are removable while being able to leave the arms/suspension alone. makes drivetrain service alot easier, Im glad I did that when I built my mid arm 3 link setup.

An excellent point. I've had the TNT long arm kit for years, and been very happy with it. But it really would be nice to be able to drop the belly pan without doinking with the long arms.

I have the full traction kit on my Cherokee and love it. On the jeepspeed we race we have put thousands of race miles on it including multipal baja 500 and baja 1000 races without a suspension failure. Majority of jeepspeeds are running the FT kit. They will sell the kit without springs or shocks that is how I bought mine. Only downside of the FT kit is the guys answering the phones are kind of dicks.

I have the full traction kit.... Only downside of the FT kit is the guys answering the phones are kind of dicks.

Dont lie. They are the biggest Dicks I know. Especially the two owners....

GREAT KIT though

Back