• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bought Son 2000 XJ, Need Help with RC Lift

Am I seeing a drop trackbar frame side bracket ? Is the tie rod over the knuckle or under on the passenger side ? The drag link and track bar need to be mostly parallel to each other.

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1068732

My 2000 has a swapped in HP D30 with a 3.5" lift and 2"coil spacers. It has an IRO double shear track bar, stock steering, and stock pitman arm. The stock steering is not ideal, but it has no unusual steering behaviors, no darting, no popping, and no clunking on or off-road. Installing Control Arm Drop brackets made huge improvement in the pavement ride quality.

Control Arm Drop brackets are inexpensive, and will greatly reduce the ride harshness. Assuming cheap shocks, some new good quality shocks will also help. Bad shock bushings can make clunking noises.

Last edited:
That doesn't have a application here! :roflmao:

Um, yes it does. Listed for an XJ. It goes in the 'Y' link steering. Is suppose to negate the flip flop of the Y link joint. No, I haven't tried it as I run cross over steering. Way superior to anything else.

Um, yes it does. Listed for an XJ. It goes in the 'Y' link steering. Is suppose to negate the flip flop of the Y link joint. No, I haven't tried it as I run cross over steering. Way superior to anything else.

You can take that up with Dan, but there isn't any roll in the y-steering!

Am I seeing a drop trackbar frame side bracket ? Is the tie rod over the knuckle or under on the passenger side ? The drag link and track bar need to be mostly parallel to each other.

That's part of the RC 4.5" lift kit. It also includes a drop pitman arm to keep the track bar and drag link parallel. I have these on my XJ, and the track bar and drag link do remain parallel. Steering is good.

Checking for any follow up.

Looking again at the pictures, I see some markings on the coil springs that are likely from interference between the coil springs and the both the track bar frame side bracket and the sway bar end to axle disconnect links. When the suspension articulates, the coils will bow, and may squirm around a bit, catching a single coil turn on the large nuts at the top of the swaybar links and on the track bar bracket. Another point to inspect is the coil spring base on the axle. If the coils shift slightly when extended and not under compression, the will snap/pop back onto the base plate when they return to compression. When the coil springs cycle or slide past that sway bar link hardware, they will pop.

With my lift set-up I had to extend the passenger side sway bar end link bracket on the axle because of it contacting the drag link to tie rod joint when the suspension cycled off-road.

Last edited:
Back