• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help choosing a Long arm upgrade...

:passgas:

ive installed 2 sets of rk 3 links in other jeeps and so far so good. they did have a set screw. for the money, they're hard to beat. WAY better than radius arms, which do suck. yes, i've had them. unless you like unloading on waterfalls. then by all means lol

Any reason BDS's 4-link long arm setup hasn't come up? I friggin lust over that setup (as well as Synergy's, and Full Traction's). Only caveat I can see is the fact that their crossmember supports the transmission as well.

I love my BDS long arms. My poor brake lines.

img2118bi.jpg

I dont understand why people still buy a y link radius arm when a true 3 link is same or less cost?

699$ for a RK 3 link upgrade kit...

Any reason BDS's 4-link long arm setup hasn't come up? I friggin lust over that setup (as well as Synergy's, and Full Traction's). Only caveat I can see is the fact that their crossmember supports the transmission as well.

I hear that the BDS 4-link "upgrade kit" is only about 900$

BDS is nice stuff...

Ground clearance of the TnT compared to the BDS?

So ground clerance trumps correct suspension geometry. Or at least the best u can get without more major mods?

I went from drop brackets to a Y-link (TnT). I am now looking to go back to a 3-link or 4-link. The unloading during steep hill climbs is a much worse feeling than when I was hitting the drop brackets and big drop-offs. Anyone want to trade or buy the TnT kit from me?

Re: Re: Need help choosing a Long arm upgrade...

I went from drop brackets to a Y-link (TnT). I am now looking to go back to a 3-link or 4-link. The unloading during steep hill climbs is a much worse feeling than when I was hitting the drop brackets and big drop-offs. Anyone want to trade or buy the TnT kit from me?

Pm coming your way

Ive never been hung up on my straight longarms or midarms.

Yea, they hit stuff, big whoop.

I have a serious' radius arm got it on sale.....are radius arms that awful even with limiting straps?

Don't belive all the bullshit from the haters, if radius arms are so bad clayton and tnt would of been out of buisness a long time ago

I have a serious' radius arm got it on sale.....are radius arms that awful even with limiting straps?
Do you think that someone like Frank that actually wheels the crap out of his heep and has the exact setup would sell it if it was crap? I think not.

Don't belive all the bullshit from the haters, if radius arms are so bad clayton and tnt would of been out of buisness a long time ago

This. If your suspension is properly setup, unloading is minimal/nonexistant. So, if you use LIMIT STRAPS that are setup correctly, then there should be no unloading.
People say that the rear shackle relocation brackets cause unloading also. Just set up your stuff right and that wont happen.

Back