• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Tech Day - June 29, 2013 - CTM Racing, Oceanside

I'll have some beers for you, Dan. :cheers:

But the question is, Don -- will you have them FOR him, or HAVE them for him?

I'm always happy to have some beers for my friends, to save them the effort of drinking it themselves... :looney:

See you all up there tomorrow!

Carol

we have a plasma and multiple welders......

but this isnt a come use our shop as your workspace day.

thats what we have our own driveways, equipment, and electrical bills for.

also insurance liabilities blah blah blah. you know the deal.

if you wanna work on your stuff, we could arrange that at a future date. you just have to make it worth our costs and time. we do have a friends rig there we work on for fun on saturdays at the time, it so happens to be an xj.

not trying to be a stiff thats just the way it goes.

for some reason a lot of us were thinking this was a tech day in the respect that we work on eachother's rigs. opps.

This is why: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=245847214&postcount=1

I think we need to be clear which ones are for wrenching on our own crap or just watching a presentation on whatever.

Last edited:
for some reason a lot of us were thinking this was a tech day in the respect that we work on eachother's rigs. opps.

This is why: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=245847214&postcount=1

I think we need to be clear which ones are for wrenching on our own crap or just watching a presentation on whatever.

that was dirtbound, this is ctm. different ballpark.

this is a new thing for naxja/socal/geoff, and us too as a host. we will be as flexible as possible. dan if you wanna come down and play fab guy with us, we can talk tomorrow and work something out. youll see weve been doing it on another jeep lately. but there are some other projects that need to be attended to soon as that jeep we have in there now is off the lift.....like my motorcycle :D

i think it would be called, wrench day, or work day etc.

i dont think its very responsible as a business to have people that arent employees using equipment in your shop.

Last edited:
that was dirtbound, this is ctm. different ballpark.

this is a new thing for naxja/socal/geoff, and us too as a host. we will be as flexible as possible. dan if you wanna come down and play fab guy with us, we can talk tomorrow and work something out. youll see weve been doing it on another jeep lately. but there are some other projects that need to be attended to soon as that jeep we have in there now is off the lift.....like my motorcycle :D

Yea, it's all good here man, i wasn't planning on working on my junk there. I was just suggesting they be more specific about that so people don't drive 100 miles expecting to wrench. I know a few guys were. I'm still planning on swinging by for a bit :cheers:

The main focus of the tech. day concept is education. The Dirtbound tech day was not fully realized in this sense because we had short time to plan. CTM will be hosting this and teaching you about driveline needs. Yes you may be able to get some little issues done in the parking lot, etc., but the main focus here is to learn.

I'm sure CTM has plenty of information to share about driveline needs, myths, etc. Plus who doesn't like looking at finely machined 300M?

so does CTM want to "teach" everyone how to service u-joints by replacing the bushings in my CTMs? :D

they will be there on my jeep tomorrow.

second question. what time are people showing up and how late are people staying?

so does CTM want to "teach" everyone how to service u-joints by replacing the bushings in my CTMs? :D

they will be there on my jeep tomorrow.

second question. what time are people showing up and how late are people staying?

we jusssst ran out of bushing material this week. cracker just bought a set of 44 joints off us today and it was literally the last material we had. all we have is d60 stuff right now. if you come tomorrow though, i will pull your u joints and ill give you the best used( which means we used em to test fit in an axle then took them out) caps which are like new, until we get some more material in. so yes, we can do a class on servicing some CTMs with your axles instead of ours :D

we are playing it by ear really. nobody really set a time limit. when we get bored we'll leave :D it starts at 10am though.

we jusssst ran out of bushing material this week. cracker just bought a set of 44 joints off us today and it was literally the last material we had. all we have is d60 stuff right now. if you come tomorrow though, i will pull your u joints and ill give you the best used( which means we used em to test fit in an axle then took them out) caps which are like new, until we get some more material in. so yes, we can do a class on servicing some CTMs with your axles instead of ours :D

we are playing it by ear really. nobody really set a time limit. when we get bored we'll leave :D it starts at 10am though.

sounds good.

we'll check them out and see what we want to do, its not an emergency or anything.

Debating whether to drive my Jeep just because it's a Jeep event and I love my Jeep, or to be smart & drive the 30mpg POS Altima that has working air conditioning... Driving around today with my hair blowing back in a strong cold breeze was awfully nice...

Regardless, I plan to be there at 10, and look forward to learning new stuff, meeting new people, and seeing old friends =).

If anyone wants to carpool up, let me know, and be available to be in Tierrasanta no later than 9:15, or be somewhere on my route b/w Tierrasanta and Oceanslime er Oceanside.

Cell/text is six19 six5four 97 58

I'm leaving to go dancing in about 1/2 hour, but might check my phone occasionally, and will definitely do so before I go to sleep. And I'll be up around 8am.

Last edited:
Not Making it today, sorry guys, I need to save my gas for the river trip and to go pick up parts when they are done. besides, I am spending time with the lady I Love!!! ( yes, she is human and breathing all be it barely!!! HAHAHAHA )

There was this little rock in the parking lot and Rockclimber totally smurfed it.

There was this little rock in the parking lot and Rockclimber totally smurfed it.

he got a new warn drive hub. parts that we had on the shelf from an old job....they were probably were stacker blaines :D

just so everyone knows. rock climber is not nearly as douchy as he appears on the interwebs. he's a polite, normal, funny guy. goooood times.

Back