• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M101A to off road camper

I just missed out on one for sale on Craigslist. It was going for $400 in pretty damn good condition.

Thanks for the links Joe I will consider those as well.

Yeah, even dented/rusted 1/4 ton trailers are going for over a grand around here.

Glad I've hung onto my PackMule for the last 25 years.

Yeah I really can't complain. I have been reading up on them for a week or so now. I will find a deal sooner or later.

in case anybody is interested , i have been slowly giving th trailer a make over, cuz i bought a 2010 jk in the mango tango flavour, the OD. just did not match anymore, sooooo..........

i had the trailer sandblasted, i then sprayed bedliner , the frame ,fenders ,inside the tub,and the lid, the jk will have a lift and 35's soon so the trailer is getting 35's as well. only problem is the trailer will be too tall for the tent to reach the ground, so i cut off the racks and welded some tabs to bolt the rack directly to the lid, saving 2 inches, this will also make the tent much easier to remove if i need too,

i am ready to paint the tub now, hopefully i will get it done soon,
i was really pleased with the texture of the lid and fenders, they will match the hard top of the jk very nicely.
IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

Ya bought a what? :doh:

Hey man I'm from ontario too, Ottawa specificly. Where did you go camping? It looks like back country camping and I havent been able to find anywhere to do that type of camping around here.

Hey man I'm from ontario too, Ottawa specificly. Where did you go camping? It looks like back country camping and I havent been able to find anywhere to do that type of camping around here.

well i spend alot of time just south of algonquin park, between there and minden really, that prolly would not be too far for you,

lots of crown land to explore ,tons of little lakes full of bass, normally i am up there every couple of weekends,

i may not get out as much this summer as i just bought a new house ,
2 acres, about 500 yrds from the mighty niagara river, a small bungalow, 2 car garage, with workshop and a 60 x 40 steel barn oh yeah !!
i will be converting the barn into the ultimate man cave, first order of business is to install a hoist, and a beer fridge of course,

Canadian-Offroad.com is planning an august camping trip, initially we all wanted back country camping trip but we couldnt find any land to do it on. you should hop on and maybe you can lead us all to local spots. I know I'd be in for a weekend of back country camping, I work Saturdays(damn banks open saturdays now) so most likely I'd be in for a Saturday night to monday late afternoon.

Must be nice to have a big shop, all I got is my driveway for the next year or so until I buy a house.

Canadian-Offroad.com is planning an august camping trip, initially we all wanted back country camping trip but we couldnt find any land to do it on. you should hop on and maybe you can lead us all to local spots. I know I'd be in for a weekend of back country camping, I work Saturdays(damn banks open saturdays now) so most likely I'd be in for a Saturday night to monday late afternoon.

Must be nice to have a big shop, all I got is my driveway for the next year or so until I buy a house.

ive been wrenching in the driveway and borrowed garages for 15yrs, its time i had my own shop.

i checked out your site and registered,

like i said i have no idea when or where im gonna get out this yr , once i get settled in the new house i will know for sure,

have you heard of camp NL ? it is 4X4 weekend put on by Northern Lights off road, i was running these most of these old trails long before NL came around most of these trails were built on old logging roads, lots of places to camp in there once you know the area,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ495GIkE8U&feature=related
not my vid . just the first one i found

i havnt seen this yrs posting yet but here is a linc

http://www.of4wd.com/campnl/

Yeah I've seen Camp NL but it seems like that and Roadkill BBQ I miss every year because of something. I just started a new job and only have 10 days vacation this year and I gotta save that for my old mans wedding. lol.

I've already booked a couple days for the Canadian offroad august trip so thats pretty much my quota. lol.

Back