• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arms

88rockxj said:
you need to just spend a couple months researching, reading, and looking at pictures of jeeps and how thier setup on here then you will understand. why would you make temporary control arm mounts to drive around the block in 2 wheel drive?

why? did you need to roll it out of the garage? move it onto a trailer?
humm 3 week wait on steel humm got tired of seing it in the yard humm

yikes! u must be on a very tight budget. ur going to be in a world of shit if those break off. search some other ideas man. might as well of made ur arms out of paper towel rolls.

88rockxj said:
yes we are, but at the same time i am trying to help you out. people that learn the hard way usualy end up being good , hopefuly that will happen to you.

can you honestly not use the search button?

oh yea thats some really good help, let me just bash my girlfriend on all of her weak points on driving, so that way she will become the world best, thats a really good idea

alfredsxj said:
oh yea thats some really good help, let me just bash my girlfriend on all of her weak points on driving, so that way she will become the world best, thats a really good idea

maybe you should let her design the next mod for your jeep :gag:

we have to give u alittle shit. just trying to keep people safe is the point. good luck with some better mounts. after that you will get some complements. dont take it to heart.

alfredsxj said:
humm 3 week wait on steel humm got tired of seing it in the yard humm

3 weeks wait on steel? what the hell are you using unobtanium? why did you not wait to post pictures untill you were done? why not state in your thread that you were not finished and it was only temporary? is me asking all these questions teaching you anything?

Stop catching feelings kid! They are trying to warn you. you know damn well you thought you were finished with that. You thought you were complete, so you posted up and expected people to be like nice work. In the first post you would have said "temporary mock up" Please don't take that thing on the road ( as we live in the same state). Learn from it. Get rid of that stock steering too. YIKES.

alfredsxj said:

thats actualy a good idea, ever watch GI-JOE? KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE, she wont become the worlds best but she will become better.

that is if she listens to your points and doesnt focus on ONLY you bashing her, which is what youre doing.

sorry i even tried to help you, youre on your own now.

edit; i find it very funny youre comparing yourself to a girl, thank you.

This is your old rig, isn't it. Come on tell the truth.

f2e0_3.jpg

Sorry alfred, but I'm looking into LA setups recently and even I could tell you that isn't the safest setup. No support, welds don't look too impressive either.

and is there only one tab on the upper links welded to the LA's? wtf were you thinking with that? And the front steering is damn near vertical. YIKES!

Last edited:
Anyone consider offering some assitance or constructive advice?

You're mounts are unsafe to say the very least, please don't drive it until you have time to build the LA's properly.

You're steering is equally dangerous. Imagine going through a school zone and that mess comes apart.

There are plenty of us here that have made mistakes and learned fromthem, I'm hopeing you do the same.

No flames intended.

Back