• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm Upgrade teraflex vs rock krawler

matt6669 said:
Wil, i don't know buddy, like i said i drive my truck on the roads every single day, and i drive in jersey, and the roads are horrible here. My truck drives like a dream, soooo, either im not hitting big enough pot holes or i must have a super duper kit from rock krawler that makes it handle unlike any other triangulated 3 link.............

i lived in Jersey all my life so i know the conditions there.i could careless about your stand on RK .the person asked for opinions and guess what mine doesn't match youres .to bad get over it your aren't going to sway my thoughts on the product.i posted my view you get to post youres.its up to the next person reading to take what he wants out of it.if he feels he has a doubt then he can do further research into the product.if he finds he still wants it and orders it then likes all is good.

everybody is intilted to their own thoughts on a certain product.my stand is their kit sucks .

why would i run a lift i feel is inferior.i don't feel the gains that are given buy removing the upper arm on one side is enough to warrant it .like i said you are relying on the upper arm on the driver side to control axle twist 3 feet away.no thanks.i'm not saying a 3 link doesn't work i'm just saying i don't like it. is that ok with you?can you live with the fact i don't won't to except that you think its the shit of all suspensions?

i have seen the kits up close and i just don't like it

herreraxto said:
what you think should i spend the extra coin on the rock krawler or save money and get the teraflex

If those are the options, I would say Rock Krawler.

This is the ? right?

My .02

matt6669 said:
as far as im aware they are still making the skid plate. I just bought one for myself like 2 weeks ago, still waiting to put it on.

i know we also just took an order for a la kit, and skid plate, along with hd aa sye and six states ds and rk was saying the guy (in oregon) will have it like the 23rd soooooo, they might of gotten caught up i don't know. If i hear anything more ill let you know. Thats strange that i hear that about creasy's i usually hear good things about them but i definietly agree you shouldn't of been treated that way. Sucks when companies give you the run around. To answer your question, we always try to inform our customers whether or not stuff is back ordered and if it is, we let them know right away when we find out.

Wil, i don't know buddy, like i said i drive my truck on the roads every single day, and i drive in jersey, and the roads are horrible here. My truck drives like a dream, soooo, either im not hitting big enough pot holes or i must have a super duper kit from rock krawler that makes it handle unlike any other triangulated 3 link.............

That guy in oregon would be me :)

All I can say is that Matt and the guys from tfcoffroad.com are really nice crew. They took care of me real good and good price too.

Anyways, as far I know, I will be installing the kit and I don't get the drive shaft yet because I have to do measurement after its been lifted and then give them the info. So they can order the custom driveshaft for me.

Its all cool, I am picking up built axles for the XJ this saturday in seattle, so all I would need is a pump for the air locker. Still doing research on which pump I need (I'd like to be able to air up the tires with it).

As far I know, to get more articulation, I would need to do something about the steering set up. Eh, I'll just enjoy what I have for now with 35" tires :)

all i was saying is you just shouldn't speculate on something that you never used. Why go bashing something you've never even touched, once. There is no warrant in your opinion then, its all speculation.

Then when i said i run it and i don't get anything that you are saying is bad about that kit, you get all huffy puffy.

no biggie like you said, ill run what i want to run, and you can do the same no biggie.

thread move on......

i have seen the kit i have seen people run the kit .i'm not all huffy puffy as you say.you just keep trying to force your opinion of a product on me based on your experience with the kit.i'm not speculating anything.all i said is you are relying on a upper arm 3 feet away to control the torque of the tire.sure it can hold the axle from spinning under itself but you are relying on one mount to keep that from happening.not thanks i'll take two upper as well as two lowers. like i said why would i waste my money and time on a kit that i feel is inferior.if you feel its the bomb great you keep thinking that.like i said everybody is intitled to their opinion.

from personal experiance, I've helped build a jeep using a rock crawler kit for competition, thing worked well and without problems, on the other hand, everthing I've had built by tera has broken and is now gone.

yes sir!
helix said:
Guys... its all about TnT long arms... :wave:

You usually get what you pay for...in all avenues...and usually things that cost approx. equal are approx. equal...go full custom...

alllll right. tnt deff better but way expensive.. i found some one on craigs list selling the rustys long arm upgrade for 500. any one have experiance with the rustys? its a bolt on radius.. but yea is it any good?

its cheap,its bolt on ,it can take some abuse,would i buy it again most likely not.since then TNT has come out and they have everybody beat for right now i think when it comes to radius arms

403.75 plus shipping for a rk tri link can't beat that. 100 less than rusty's and a hell of a lot stronger than rusty's and about 500 less than tnt.

Need more info pm me

Matt

rock krawlers kits are made out of 1.75 solid stock, with 1" heim joints. You can't break rk's arms. And if you do, they back it up with their abuse proof warranty. ever break and arm, call them up and they'll send one out asap no charge.

If you want to see pictures of it you can visit their website at www.rockkrawler.com

if you need any questions answered please pm me as its the quickest way for me to respond.

Matt

don't they still have gen1 listed in their pictures of the kit.shit they still have the picture of the beta kit of the rear coilover kit.they really need to update their page

No the pictures are not of the gen I kits. I do believe that the pictures of the coil over setup is old. I know that rk is no longer using fox shocks and they have moved over to sway away coilovers now. They do need to update their site, but jeremy and the rest of the gang have been sooo busy lately getting orders filled im sure the last thing they have time for is updating pictures. I will give a call though and give them a heads up.

Matt

Back