• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA mount removal

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
whats the best way to remove the LCA mount at the body side. i don't have a plasma cutter or anything like that... do i have to use a cutting wheel, or is there a quicker way?

I used a cutting wheel, its sloppy because the way the backplate is welded, you can only cut so much off, the rest you have to grind off. I Just cut what I could off (watch that fuel line on the driver's side) and primered it over. It's not pretty but I got it done in an afternoon.

sawzall worked wonders cutting mine off. pretty darn quick too, of course I was using a fresh blade. It was still pretty easy and looks fairly clean, minimal cleanup with the grinder.

Sawzalls works but eats blades. I go to Harbor Freight and get one of the real thin cutoff blades and put it in my 4.5" grinder. It slices the sheetmetal off, then you will need to grind them flush. The biggest hassle is that there are two layers of sheetmetal spaced about .25" apart at several points. I've got it down where I can trim one out and make it look nice in about 45 minutes.

Back