• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE CONTROL ARM DROP BRACKETS?

EastonTexas

NAXJA Forum User
I was installing drop brackets on my 84 xj using a video. On the upper control arm mount, he drills from the outside of the jeep through a hole that looks like it was already there to reach the inner hole to open it up to 1/2 inch so the bolt will go all the way through and attach with a nut. My xj don't have an access hole on the outer side of the unibody, just threads that the bolt reaches from the inner side. I was wondering if you drill the access hole then drill the threads out, or another way?

Can you post a picture?

I dont see a issue with marking a hole on the outside and drilling the hole for access!

Yeah I was thinking make the access hole. I'd like to get the measurements of it to be more precise if possible. I'm not sure how to attach pictures from my phone gallery...

Just measure it out,drill a small pilot hole and make any adjustments. It doesn't have be accurate you just have to be able to insert the bolt. The factory cut-out is oversized.

Yeah I was thinking make the access hole. I'd like to get the measurements of it to be more precise if possible. I'm not sure how to attach pictures from my phone gallery...

To attach pictures, they must be hosted on a shared site with a linkable URL.

I was hoping someone could measure from the brake line bracket mount towards the right to center(driver side) and from bottom of unibody up to center. If it's not too much trouble. If yall happen to be doing some work or can easily access it...If not, I will roughly try to measure/guess and start with small pilot hole etc.

I think it would way easier to measure your rig vs utilizing a measurement from a year that they started putting in the access hole, I dont know if the brakeline bracket was consistantly throughout the years either!

Yeah you have a point. I was gonna carefully look at it, measure, smaller hole, etc. Prior to just making a bigger hole. Just haven't had a chance yet. Been busy with other stuff

To attach pictures, they must be hosted on a shared site with a linkable URL.
Imgur, or join our club to attach images

Back