• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last minute Snow run....

Here's a taste of what we were dealing with:

sm1514.jpg

More photos here:

http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=51133#51133

IXNAYXJ said:
I'm planning on getting back to Enumclaw around 3:00 AM, if all goes to plan.
-----Matt-----

Looks like I made it home ahead of schedule, rolling into home just before 1am. :D:
Good times and limited carnage. Thanks everyone for an awesome day (and night).

Chris

cmoore said:
Looks like I made it home ahead of schedule, rolling into home just before 1am. :D:
Good times and limited carnage. Thanks everyone for an awesome day (and night).

Chris
:roflmao: Yeah, best laid plans.... :rolleyes:

It was great to wheel with you again Chris. I'm still amazed your son did as well as he did!

-----Matt-----

I'm just thankful we had a group of capable rigs and more capable people. The day could've gotten ugly in a big hurry.

IXNAYXJ said:
I love this pic: PNWJeep helping a stuck NAXJA guy. I love our inter-club relations! :D

sm1504.jpg

-----Matt-----

Yeah, but you left out the barrage of snowballs that were aimed at my a$$ immediately following this photo. :moon:

- Jay

IXNAYXJ said:
:roflmao: . I'm still amazed your son did as well as he did!

-----Matt-----

Had to peel him out of the jeep against his will when we got home. He wasnt ready for the trip to end (although he couldnt keep his eyes open at that point) and he fell back asleep in his room saying "can we go in the jeep tomorrow?"

cmoore said:
Had to peel him out of the jeep against his will when we got home. He wasnt ready for the trip to end (although he couldnt keep his eyes open at that point) and he fell back asleep in his room saying "can we go in the jeep tomorrow?"
That's awesome! Now you get to get your new XJ built up to give to him in a few years!

-----Matt-----

hards91xj said:
Glad to see everybody made it back.:cheers:

I concure. I must admit I was a little bit nervouse when we hadn't seen any posts late last night!!

Glad to see everyone made it home ok.

Looks like it was one of the best "first of the year" snow runs!!!!

Michael

MORE:

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

John the bird man:
DSCF00462.jpg

Matt falling off the bridge:
DSCF0048.jpg

John H falling off the bridge:
DSCF0049.jpg

Chris falling off the bridge:
DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

And the only pic i took after we got off the trail and I started playing snowplow:
DSCF0065.jpg

Great run guys!

John

Cool pics John.

Did the guy with the waggy woodgrain the quarter armor? it looks cool. I started getting good at putting that stuff on, have done a PT Cruiser woody kit before.

Thanks for sharing.
Jamez.

XJLaredo said:
Cool pics John.

Did the guy with the waggy woodgrain the quarter armor? it looks cool. I started getting good at putting that stuff on, have done a PT Cruiser woody kit before.

Thanks for sharing.
Jamez.

When THOR made the armor for me it had woodgrain, more as a joke than anything else. I tried to keep it on but it wouldn't stick well on the edges. I ended up painting them brown to somewhat match what I had. Given the amount of abuse they've taken, I'm not sure the wood grain would stay on long term.

Wow! What a difference a day makes! Guess our tracks were coverd up.
Nice pics. Glad all went well for you guys. We re-routed our Yakima and Pasco trucks down through the Gorge Sunday night. Sounds like we made the right call after hearing you all tell of White Pass.
I went to Wenatchee and Quincy Wednesday. No snow on the ground at Liberty with very little at top of Blewitt. What snow there was on the passes was very wet and washing down the creeks. All roads bare and wet.

Back