• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2017 RENO RUN SIGNUPS

You guys are really talking me into it. If I go it will be Sunday (just for the day) I will know for certain in the next few days. I really want to wheel my rig since I am still learning its limits.

Sunday (if) we do Bronco it would be a great day to come. Even without your rig riding is good and once you get into the canyon watching the other rigs wheel is just as fun as wheeling it yourself. There is such a wide range of obstacles on that trail it would be a great trail to see what an XJ is capable of doing as well as how the different setups fare on different obstacles.

Prob gonna make it out on Sunday. Saturday is out since one of my really goof friends is doing a soft opening on his brewery that day for friends and fam (Solid Ground in Diamond Springs). I need a break from house stuff, plus my XJ hasn't seen dirt in awhile : )

What time do you guys head out of the campsites? I'm about 1.5 hours from Reno but don't mind leaving my house early. Is it best to meet at the campsite if I go for the day?

Probably leaving camp around 8am sunday is my guess

Seal and gordo : make sure your rigs make it to reno fest. What can we all do to help ? If anyone else can make it out to seals place tomorrow otherwise ill be heading out

Last edited:
I should have everything in front assembled and checked by tonight. Then ill just install the shafts tuesday.

If anyone has any knowledge about brake lines my rear brakes still need some dialing.

So, kinda almost had a catastrophic failure with my rear Spartan locker. Test run today, got back home from Hollister Hills and pulled the locker. Left Axle Gear was pretty chewed up and felt really sketchy driving. Spider gears are back in for now. So locked in front only. 35s, 488s and front locker be good for bronco you think?

So, kinda almost had a catastrophic failure with my rear Spartan locker. Test run today, got back home from Hollister Hills and pulled the locker. Left Axle Gear was pretty chewed up and felt really sketchy driving. Spider gears are back in for now. So locked in front only. 35s, 488s and front locker be good for bronco you think?

you'll be fine... you went through with 31s open open. hell 35s open open on 4.88s would have a blast.

so you killed the locker that quick ? did they install thrust washers with it like they should ?

The front one is still good. The rear one I did myself lol. It seemed like the right axle gear would ratchet like it should but the left side wasn't consistent with it and was constantly banging/unloading with any sort of left turn under any acceleration that was more than using your pinky toe lol. The Spartan lockers don't use the thrust washers like the other brands do. The clearance was a little under tolerance but I thought it would be okay since it was close. That could've been where the issue was. Also you could see where it was beating up the provided cross pin as well. Just glad I got I pulled out before something worse happened.

Last edited:
I'm busting my butt on the jeep. Just got it sitting on its own weight. Still have a lot to do, but it's almost back on its feet and ready to go. Down to 12 things left on my list to do. Some are easy, like reinstalling the seats.

Probably leaving camp around 8am sunday is my guess
Ok I will be there. I will try to be there by 7:30 to play it safe.

I think I will wheel my Jeep as far as I am comfortable with then walk/ride with someone if that's cool. I don't know know anyone except Jon who i met once for like 1 min. Stoked to meet other XJ peeps.

Thanks, Christoph

I'm busting my butt on the jeep. Just got it sitting on its own weight. Still have a lot to do, but it's almost back on its feet and ready to go. Down to 12 things left on my list to do. Some are easy, like reinstalling the seats.

Good job man. I am very interested to see this thing work the trail.

I still need to do a little maintenance... Guess it will all be last minute like always.

So who is leaving when.. I will be leaving Sac as soon as my wife gets off work around 12 on Friday prob.

We are leaving Brentwood probably between 5-6am to head to Yosemite for a drop off, then straight from Yosemite to the camp grounds. So hopefully we will be out there before 2pm.

I plan to leave Colfax whenever Josh shows up at my place . Haha.

Back