• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last minute trail run at Corral Canyon

devildog0

NAXJA Forum User
Some buddies and I from work (a TRD Tacoma a Diesel Liberty and me in my XJ) will be cruising Corral Canyon tomorrow. We will be meeting up at around 0900 at the Carl's Jr. in Alpine, Ca and probably heading back home from the trail around 1 or 2 in the afternoon if anyone is interested in going.

We will be monitoring CB channel 23 and 446.500 on the HAM radio side.

Sounds good. I got a buddy at work who wants to take his little kid with him on some light trails so I think I'll take him out to Laguna Mtn and show him around pine valley (North of Corral Canyon).

That will probably be our next little run. Also planning a run on Valley of the Moon trail and Pancake Rock area.

Practically none. My buddies S-10 crew cab just died going down a hill just a few miles in (before the helipad) and we spent the rest of the day towing it out and driving into town for parts. Still didn't resolve it and had to rent a tow trailer from U-Haul to get it back to the base for him.

Most of the trails are easy. I took a side trail that looked like it was for an ATV but wasn't signed saying no jeeps, in my Jeep which is rolling on 235s and running a front locker. There were some sketchy sections on that but nothing that I was able to make it though. If you are coming in from Vegas though might not be worth the trip.

I mis labeled the OP title. We were in Pine Valley OHV which if it werent for the million gates out there would connnect with Coral Canyon OHV if I'm looking at the maps right.

Back