• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KM2's vs trxus m/t

x2 on KM2... you won't be dissapointed

SUA SPONTE im very disappointed in my km2's. im in everett and have about a foot of snow and im aired down to 5psi. my old toyo mt did much better in snow and ice. maybe its just me

i've been snow wheeling with mine and I think they are awsome, i have had a few sets of the KM and i think these perform better than they did, toyo's are a great tire but why exactly are you disapointed. MT's are notoriosly bad on ice no matter what brand you have but I think the KM2's are great in the snow

I have no experience with the KM2s but I LOVED my TrXus MTs in the snow and ice. Probably the best on-road snow/ice tire ive had. Did great offroad ass well in both wet and dry conditions.

Another for the trxus m/t I have them on my dd and basically never have to put it in 4wd unless I want to. Been driving around all over the washington roads and haven't had a problem yet. They do great in the ice as far as im concerned.

I have the Truxsu on the TJ. They slip a lot in the rain. I can fish tail with limited effort.

trxus are known for being good in snow and ice though, so i guess in your case i may retract my previous suggestion and say go with the trxus

SUA SPONTE im very disappointed in my km2's. im in everett and have about a foot of snow and im aired down to 5psi. my old toyo mt did much better in snow and ice. maybe its just me

i also have heard that the km2's do horrible in ice and snow

I had 2 sets of trxus on 2 different jeeps, 31's and then 33's. Loved em, got a little loud on the road but what can ya expect w/ any MT. I had no problem keepin both sets balanced, worked great in snow and ice. However i have to say ive been doin research b/c i'm about to get another set for the latest XJ i'm workin on and i think i'm going w/ the KM2's. Been hearing a lot of good feedback. Might want to check out the thread i started a few days ago about them. Lots of good feedback.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=977205

SAU SPODI-

IMHO, there is no better snow tire than the TrXus. There are limitations when you start getting really aggressive with them (sidewall, specifically), but that's to be expected with any radial. I loved mine on the street (I put about 40k miles on two sets) and had no issues balancing them (airsoft method, FTW). They're quieter than the Toyo M/T's I'm running now, and certainly well within levels of reasonable acceptability for a quasi-aggressive mud terrain tire.

-----Matt-----

I get lots of snow and ice here in Canada and my trxus mt's are the best mud tires i have tried for snow and ice. they are amazing. you won't be dissapointed.

I've got a set of the Trxus on my 89, and I think they're pretty awful on the snowy/icy roads in Michigan right now. However, I haven't tried lowering the pressure. What pressure are you guys running on these kind of roads?

I've got a set of the Trxus on my 89, and I think they're pretty awful on the snowy/icy roads in Michigan right now. However, I haven't tried lowering the pressure. What pressure are you guys running on these kind of roads?

I would get the KM2s the from what I have seen the Trxus wear quickly.

no problems with the Trxus M/ts in my experience. Deep snow is where they shine. my only complaint with them is, the on road handling...but your gonna find that with any interco mud tire

I have been driving the MJ for the past week in this crap weather we have gotten. First day I ran them straight up with 28psi and they were not too bad. Then the next day I lowered the psi to 18 and they are doing much better. Mind you this is in a light ass truck and it's still going well.

Back