• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remove no-slip for trutrac???

Grandmasxj

NAXJA Forum User
I’m in the process of re-gearing to run 33s. I have a 00 Cherokee with 80k on the ticker, a 4.5” lift and cut fenders and 31’s now with 3.55’s. Ordered 4.56’s and a front truetrac for my Dana 30. The vehicle is used for wheeling, camping, hunting, fishing, pulling a boat and pop-up camper. It is my summer fun rig, although I might run it some in the winter. I also have a Ford Superduty for the heavy lifting.

Currently, my Chrysler 8.25 has a power traxs no slip in it. I really like the no slip for traction and almost silent operation. I have no issues with running the locker in the ice and snow. I’ve had lots of vehicles in the past with posi’s and lockers that I have run in rear axles in Minnesota.

The question is, for durability, and reliability, should I switch to a truetrac in the rear for the 8.25 or should I keep my no-slip?

I don’t want to do the axle setup twice.
The truetrac for my 8.25 is almost $800.
I have about 10k on my current No-slip.

Keep the No-slip, I installed one in my 2000 20yrs ago and it's still running strong!

No-slip in my Chry 8.25 works great in Minneapolis, Gilbert, and Moab. Front axle automatic lockers have some strange and borderline unsafe snowy/icy road behaviors, a front axle TruTrac will be ideal.

Thanks for the reply’s, been having a hard time with this decision. I know the truetrac in the front will strengthen the Dana 30. I was a little worried about the no-slip in the 8.25 carrier over time. I do tow with it, but the most it 3k.

I havent found the internals at the dana39 gears to be weak. However I can snap ujoints and axles at the tire öike tooth pics with grippy 35s and grizzly locker n 4.88s driving them.
Ive upgraded to chromo shafts though I havent broke a chromo or its ujoints I still drive like theyre tooth pics.

I really like front auto lockers incredible pull over trees roots and ledges but may not be needed for your application?
Where a open front wont pull itself over stuff. The rear pivots around because it cant overcome the vertical ledge or loose Terrain. Front lockers to me are the game changer.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I really like front auto lockers incredible pull over trees roots and ledges but may not be needed for your application?
Where a open front wont pull itself over stuff. The rear pivots around because it cant overcome the vertical ledge or loose Terrain. Front lockers to me are the game changer.

Yeah, I’m hoping the truetrac strengthens the Dana 30 carrier and helps pull the front end up over obstacles.

A TJ owner in my local 4x4 club has front and rear TruTracs, and he goes everywhere, and over everything all the other Jeeps can at Gilbert and Apple Valley Farms.

What is the tourqe Bias? Do you have it already?
To me its like a home run but the ball bounces off a light pole and into the out feilders glove.

If you already have it run it. If not use the 580 to send 100% of power to both tires and get a real locker

I have the no slip already.
The truetrack torque basis is 3.5 times more to the high traction wheel.

Thanks again for all the posts!

Back