• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KM2's vs trxus m/t

i know of a few set of trxus sets that went about 18-25k miles, in 33's, Iv ran both tires, only down side i'v found it the km2's do a little better in the woods enviroment when its wet, but in deep snow trxus mt's do slightly better, but either way they are superior to most other tires on the market, Im running 35" KM2's on my tj right now and 33" Trxus's on my old xj, theyre both great tires (cant really speak to much to road manners both my rigs are trailered, im waiting for a set of 17" beadlocks so i can put on some red labels in the spring, but imo the km2's will out wheel a sticky tire when its cold or theres snow. Anyways either way you go you wont be disappointed.

just finished getting home. First real test of my KM2s. I would buy them, I couldn't get them to slide while stopping.

For lots of DDing, I would have to say get the BFGs. They'll last longer on the road. However, I have no experience with the new BFGs...just going off of what I know from KMs. I really don't see any difference on the road in terms of icy or snowy driving, but then again, if you drive for the conditions you really never will have any problems even with marginal tires. If you drive like an Ahole in snow and ice, pretending that it's not even there, no matter how good the tires are, you're gonna end up in a bad situation!!

Deep snow wheeling, Truxus. Icyness under the snow, Truxus.

just finished getting home. First real test of my KM2s. I would buy them, I couldn't get them to slide while stopping.

you must not have any snow left. i mounted my bfg at here in everett because the km2 are horrible in the snow even at 10 psi. they are great on the trail but suck on snow and ice.

you must not have any snow left. i mounted my bfg at here in everett because the km2 are horrible in the snow even at 10 psi. they are great on the trail but suck on snow and ice.

compact snow and ice the entire way.

TRXUS,

I had about 25,000 on my old set when I sold the Jeep. Had half tread left. Deep sipes in the mud tire tread meant excellent snow, ice, and rain traction. I have BFG MT's right now, and hate them. The BFG AT's are excellent on the road, and dry trail and rock crawlin', mud they stink.

Trxus excelled in everything I threw at them, and very little road noise even after 25,000 miles. The BFG's are loud, the GY Wranglers absolutely the worst tire I've ever had.

Go TRXUS for something that sees a lot of DDing, as well as trails.

i also have heard that the km2's do horrible in ice and snow

Thats because they arent really siped, they have VOIDS yes, but all tires have voids. Do not let this confuse you.

If you do a lot of snow and ice, then trxus will win hands down against the KM2. For me, I like in the south so Im getting KM2s

I put over 30k on my 33" Trxus and sold them with a reasonable amount of tread remaining.

They kicked ass all over the place in the snow. Often I was the only one to make it up some obstacles or hills, and most others were running either BFG or ProComp mud terrains. Same shit either way.

The BFGs will last longer on the road. They'll also suck more. Just gotta choose your priorities.

Back