• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jcr offroad, any good?

:geek:works great looks great took a little effort to install... one bad thing with them NO STICKER in shipment afew cans of primer and paint and presto

does anyone have a picture of the winch plate they make for the winchless front bumper? (the one w/ the two inch hitch)

i just thought of something.... does the rear tire on the tire swing get in the way with a winch in the two inch hitch?

I just finished putting on my JCR Stage 4 Front Bumper & Stage 2 rear bumper.
The rear went on with no problems and fit well. With the front bumper I opted for their Unibody Tie-in Brackets. Unfortunately they didn't fit my '97, and I had to take them to a machine shop to take about 1/8 inch off the top, then most, but not all bolt holes were usable. Cuz, on the drivers side, 3 bolts that pass through the bracket go into the steering, and the configuration of these three bolts can't be "fudged". So you get the 3 steering bolts in and hope the rest will line up - mine didn't, required more drilling. On the Passenger side, after taking about 1/8 inch off the top of the JCR plate, and drilling some of the holes in the body wider, I again got all but one bolt in. I would suggest to just make your own bolt-hole template and take it to a machine shop and have them fabricated. I would have sent the brackets back but I had them powder coated with my bumpers.
->The quality of the bumpers themselves are very good tho.

:geek:works great looks great took a little effort to install... one bad thing with them NO STICKER in shipment afew cans of primer and paint and presto

You can email us with your name and address and we'll send you a sticker. Probably were out of stickers when your order shipped and we don't hold orders back for stickers :D [email protected]

I just finished putting on my JCR Stage 4 Front Bumper & Stage 2 rear bumper.
The rear went on with no problems and fit well. With the front bumper I opted for their Unibody Tie-in Brackets. Unfortunately they didn't fit my '97, and I had to take them to a machine shop to take about 1/8 inch off the top, then most, but not all bolt holes were usable. Cuz, on the drivers side, 3 bolts that pass through the bracket go into the steering, and the configuration of these three bolts can't be "fudged". So you get the 3 steering bolts in and hope the rest will line up - mine didn't, required more drilling. On the Passenger side, after taking about 1/8 inch off the top of the JCR plate, and drilling some of the holes in the body wider, I again got all but one bolt in. I would suggest to just make your own bolt-hole template and take it to a machine shop and have them fabricated. I would have sent the brackets back but I had them powder coated with my bumpers.
->The quality of the bumpers themselves are very good tho.

Very strange. We haven't heard of any issues with our brackets since we started having them CNC cut. Sorry for the problems you had.

I forgot about this thread.:doh:

From another thread I started in the off-topic section.

"I just got off the phone with JCR Offroad and I have to say they have some good customer service.

I ordered there stage 3 rock sliders to work with my RE LA kit and they built them as there standard set instead. I called them and talk to them yesterday and they had me send them pics with measurements, I just got off the phone with them and they were very helpful and told my they did make a mistake.

They offered to ship them back on there dime and fix them, give me a refund, or a gift card. I am buying a front and rear bumper from them here in the next few weeks so I opted to take the gift card, I am going to fix the sliders at work.

I talked to Eric and Daryl and both were very cool and helpful. Thanks JCR Offroad.:thumbup: "
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1025663

I also got the OTK steering on it works awesome I am very happy with it, its super beefy.

Very strange. We haven't heard of any issues with our brackets since we started having them CNC cut. Sorry for the problems you had.

Yep, looking at the photos you have up on your site of the brackets, the top steering bolt hole is nice and close to the edge of the bracket. My bracket went up a good 1/2 inch above that hole.
Again tho, I was very happy with both bumpers I ordered.

Yep, looking at the photos you have up on your site of the brackets, the top steering bolt hole is nice and close to the edge of the bracket. My bracket went up a good 1/2 inch above that hole.
Again tho, I was very happy with both bumpers I ordered.

Hmmm....I received an email from another 97 XJ owner that had simular issues. I think we may have a "cut profile" issue with our CNC cutter. This would mean, an outide cut profile, those making the brackets slightly oversized. I'll talk with Daryl about this today and make sure it's not a continuing problem and maybe just a small slip up.

If anyone else is having a problem with our UNF plates, please contact us, so we can send out a correct set! [email protected] or 269-353-1184.

I was one of those newbie XJ owners who hadn’t heard about JCR products. Their rear bumper and carrier is the best looking IMO. Based on the overall positive things I’ve heard, I’ll be placing an order here pretty soon.

Hmmm....I received an email from another 97 XJ owner that had simular issues. I think we may have a "cut profile" issue with our CNC cutter. This would mean, an outide cut profile, those making the brackets slightly oversized. I'll talk with Daryl about this today and make sure it's not a continuing problem and maybe just a small slip up.

If anyone else is having a problem with our UNF plates, please contact us, so we can send out a correct set! [email protected] or 269-353-1184.

i'll let you know when i get mine. ordered em friday before last, hope i get em this week.

September 09 I bought JCR's steering box spacer. Install was screwed from the get go. I fought with lining up the bolts for 2 1/2 hours. I should have only measured the JCR spacer to the stock aluminum and I would have found JCR WELDED THE BOX SPACER INCORRECT!! I feel like an idiot thinking JCR would make sure the three welds would be correct. But felt like a bigger fool when I realized I stripped the gear box trying to line up the bolts. :farmer:

I'm having the same issue myself. I have sent an email to JCR just a few minutes ago ([email protected]). I just hope my fate with the steering box isn't the same as yours.

I'm having the same issue myself. I have sent an email to JCR just a few minutes ago ([email protected]). I just hope my fate with the steering box isn't the same as yours.

Careful, sacred ground.:rolleyes:

They should send out a another one. Don't expect anything more and you wont be disappointed.

Yeah, I did not get my stickers with my shipment either. I got my bumper and tie-in brackets, though! I sure hope my brackets fit.

ry%3D400

Yeah, I did not get my stickers with my shipment either. I got my bumper and tie-in brackets, though! I sure hope my brackets fit.

ry%3D400

Post some pics when you get it installed!

I was just up at JCR's shop this past Monday, and they are having a little delay with stickers. So Eric told me as soon as they get some in, they will send me some. I would email JCR and ask them to send you some when they get their stock of stickers. Btw I got the same front bumper as you did, and I love it!

Back